Constipation in 2 yr oldHello, my son (1yr 10mth) gets constipation almost regularly since birth. After my frustration with
allopathy, I have started reading about homeopathy.
- He got viral infection (fever) recently and it lasted for 12 days. We used ibuprofen and amoxycillin.
- Right after this infection is gone,
he seems to have got into constipation...stool coming only once in 2 days.
* I had given him Arsenicum album 30c, 4 pallets 3 times a day...to cure loose motion (he developed after
taking antibiotics). It was given for
* Since yesterday, I have started giving him Kindigest (Dr willmar schwabe Ltd) for digestive disorder.
How do I cure the constipation? After
reading through the Internet, I find the suitable remedy to be: Sulphur 9c
2 times a day. Can I continue this with kindigest?
Also I have started giving another
medicine Munostim (echinacea) from
Dr Willmar schwabe ltd. Does it have
any side effect.
What would you advise?
aryan_mom on 2005-08-21
Are you sure that Sul is best , is he a hot untidy child, who kicks the covers off -- if so OK.
But I tend to look to Opium 30c in that sort of problem.
walkin last decade
You may give him a Probiotic and also Yoghurt to replace the good bacteria.
Bananas and Papaw and other fruits are commonly used in the tropics to promote regular motions. Fruits of all types and vegetables also have the same effect.
I would not recommend that you use homeopathic remedies like Arsenicum and Sulphur etc. indiscriminately for your son as they all have a specific use in homeopathy and cannot help his present problem.
Drinking plenty of water (not from cans) is recommended.
I tablet Nat Phos 6x after meals will also help to regularize his motions. This is only to be used for a week or so till he regulates his motions.
♡ Joe De Livera last decade
- He's hot and restless, kicks the cover off always.
- I was giving him a probiotic (lactobacillus) during the course of amoxycillin, but stopped as soon as medicines stopped. I will continue for 5 more days.
- I will also get Nat Phos 6x and Opium 30c and use one of those if I do not see result with sulphur in a day.
Also I have noted that he is just cool even though constipated, trying to sit for potty, but not pushing to get it out; not sure if out of fear.
aryan_mom last decade
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.