My doctor has prescribed hypothyroid medicine Thyrodium 30C. My thyroid TSH used to be fluctuating between 4-5.5 .
After I started this medication for about 2 months and when I last checked my TSH, it was 10. My doctor is suggesting to continue with the medicine. I also have knee joint pain and for that she has given another medicine.
I'm worried about TSH going high. Am I on right track ?
Do I need to ask her to change the medication ? . Please help.
sumag on 2012-11-05
and post all the questions here duly answered. On that basis your remedy may be worked out.
The answers should be given in a way that we are able to understand you as a person.
♡ kadwa 7 years ago
1. Mental State of the patient
Emotional. Feel tensed/sad easily.
2. Physical Ailments
HypoThyroid - Level used to be between 4-5. Used to feel very tired and feel like taking deep breaths. After doctor gave thyrodinium, feel much better.
Joint pain especially knees. My homeopathy doctor has given some medicine for the same.
3. The likely cause for above problems
4. The modalities like whether the patient feels well or worse in hot weather, cold weather etc., he is relieved by / worsenened by hot applications, cold applications etc.
Like warm weather. Feel cold easily.
1. Describe your main suffering?
Hypothyroid.Fatigue , tired.
Got hives last year. Now undergoing treatment for Thyroid. and joint pain.
Last week when I checked TSH, it got to 10.
For last week , was feeling very tired and weak.
Now back to normal.
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
Loss of father. Emotional. Feel sad depressed easily.
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst?
Feel like to reverse the situation.
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
Loss of father.
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same?
WOrk pressure, feeling of not being well or child health etc.
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
Mild, agreable changeable
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
weeping, talking to one self etc?
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
Difficult tasks, deadlines at work eatc.
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
Nothing in particular.
Tasty Indian food.
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
14. How if your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
When Thyroid levels are not normal, sometimes get in to hunger mode.
Otherwise I eat well.
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand?
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general?
20. How do you think you are different from others, if at all?
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
apis for hives
joint pain medicine
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance
Tall. Moderate weight.
24. (ONLY FOR FEMALES)
Please answer the following questions:
(Please give details of your past menstruation if you have attained menopause.)
- Are the periods early, regular or late in general? How long do they last?
- Do you suffer from any kind of physical or mental discomfort before, during or after the periods?
during or before irritated at times
- Is the flow scanty, normal or excessive?'
- Is the blood thick bright red or pale watery?
- Do you notice any clots in the flow?
sumag 7 years ago
day 1 morning
day 1 evening
day 2 morning
One dose means
If the medicine is in pills form 2 pills. Don't touch pills with hand. Use cap of bottle to take pills.
If the medicine is in liquid dilution form, 2 drops in some 20 ml water. Sip up slowly.
Please follow homeo restrictions like no coffee, no raw onion/garlic, no strong perfumes, don't eat or drink anything within 30 minutes before or after taking medicine.
No other remedies please.
♡ kadwa 7 years ago
Thank you for your reply to my post. I am already taking medicine for my Hypothyroid as mentioned in my First post.
I wanted to know that after taking Thyrodinium medicine, I see that my TSH level went high. Is that a good sign or should I ask my doctor to change the medicine. Please advise.
sumag 7 years ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.