Hidradenitis SuppurativaHi I am a 31 yr old female and have been suffering with HS since I was the age od 12. In the past three years it has progressed to stage 2 I believe. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have answered the questionaire below
Patient ID: amberabq
Please answer the following questions in a descriptive manner after careful analysis and recollection of previous experiences and happenings.
1. Describe your main suffering?
I was diagnosed with Hidradenitis Suppurativa at the age od 14. Originally I had one 'lesion'(as I have seen them called under my left arm. From the age od 12-29 this was the only location I suffered with it from. I had surgery on this area 3 times with the lesion never fully healing and continuing to open on occasion(roughly 1-2 times per year). At the age of 28 the disease started to spread to my groin area and also the other underarm. I have numerous lesions with sinus tracts connecting a few. They are painful when inflamed
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
I also suffer from migraine headaches and in the past have been diagnosed with EDNOS (eating disorder not otherwise specified)
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
I feel depression on occasion and total hopelessness when the lesions are inflamed. Very similar mental suffering when suffering from my worst with migraines and EDNOS. I am normally a very happy person with some slight cases of anxiety.
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst?
When my lesions are enflamed I do feel hopeless like nothing is ever going to go right and Ill never feel relief again
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
I think the stage 2 may have a connection with an increase in the amount of tobacco use three years ago and continually. I was a very light smoker (3-5 cigarettes a day) before stage 2 HS and now smoke about 10/day
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
It depends really but I would say that at the worst time is in the morning when I wake up and also in the evenings when I get home from work
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same?
Im not6 quite sure about this. Have not pinned down anything either direction. Advil helps with the swelling but thats really it
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
Its possible that it could be related to my menses but it seems to happen at other times as well
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
This doesnt seem to have any effect
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
Lazy at times and I can get irritated but normally I am a very happy easy going person. I do have some anxiety
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
weeping, talking to one self etc?
I do bite my nails and talk to myself
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
Very good in general
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
I do have an emotional eating problem
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
14. How if your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand?
Im not sure. I dont think so but I might have some sensitivities. I haevent pinpointed these yet
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
I think they are normal
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
I do suffer from insomnia at times
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general?
20. How do you think you are different from others, if at all?
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
Antibiotics but they never worked. I also tried turmeric, vitex and neither have helped
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
Diabetes(mother and he parents), high blood pressure(father), glaucoma, cataracts
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance
Average body weight (just recently). Have been losing weight. I am 411 of Hispanic and Italian descent
24. (ONLY FOR FEMALES)
Please answer the following questions:
(Please give details of your past menstruation if you have attained menopause.)
- Are the periods early, regular or late in general? How long do they last?
I have an IUD so they tend to be different. At times the cycle can last anywhere from 22-28 days. Periods last 5-7 days of very very light flow.
- Do you suffer from any kind of physical or mental discomfort before, during or after the periods?
Only occasionally and not for long at all
- Is the flow scanty, normal or excessive?
Flow is extremely light
- Is the blood thick bright red or pale watery?
- Do you notice any clots in the flow?
Yes but seems like a normal amount
amberabq on 2013-05-23
Are you in the Usa? if so what city? or if not what country are you in?
I suppose you have researched your condition and know that it is
really considered inverse to acne vulgaris. Also that smoking triggers
outbreaks, so you should go after quitting that habit.
Two things here for you to read.
Go onto Earth clinic and read the posts on this. You can see that
some people have managed this by taking tumeric, lever soap,
doing skin brushing in the morning and then putting iodine on the skin
to stop bacteria.
There is a post on here about this with also a reference to a yahoo group on
this see http://www.abchomeopathy.com/forum2.php/382593
There is a person on earth clinic and abc post who was cured using the
remedy elaps corallinis -however if ones knows about homeopathy
one can see the person had no idea what they were doing and they
were taking it everyday. You do have symptoms that match this remedy
and if you want to try it - you can order it off the abc remedies shop
and I would get liquid ( if not in usa, use helios homeopathic pharm)
Get 200c potency. Use 2 drops in a quarter cup of water, and take
it at night- no food or drink half hour before or after, then take
another dose 12 hours later in the morning ( same thing no food or
water or smoking half hour before or after) and then 12 hours later
take one more dose the same way. Do not drink coffee on the day you
Then you must wait and watch for 15 days. You could have a slight
aggravation of it getting worse for a couple days, but that is a good
On the Ednos- I am sure this affliction you have is adding to the
disorder. HS can be similar to Crohns and you can see a lot of
people did well doing the Paleo diet. However, if you are in USA
I would suggest you google the Renfrew Centers- specialists in Eating
disorders. I would get a referral for an eating disorder therapist from
them near where you are. Eating disorder therapists fully understand
what is going on and how a person feels the need for control of
their life, they know how to handle you correctly.
[message edited by simone717 on Thu, 23 May 2013 19:49:00 BST]
♥ simone717 6 years ago
happening after 14 or 15 days.
♥ simone717 6 years ago
amberabq 6 years ago
remedies and therapists and a private homeopath if that is
needed in the future. You can get control of this with the right
support.If you ordered pills rather than liquid, use 4 pills in 2 tablespoons of water - dissolve that and that is a dose. It is
important to have right potency and right amount of doses and
[message edited by simone717 on Thu, 23 May 2013 21:13:38 BST]
♥ simone717 6 years ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.