Seeking Treatment for Lichen Planus28 year old female
Condition started 8 months ago
Rash started on perineum. And labia minora after exposure to hydrogen peroxide
Developed lesion one mm beneath clitoris five months ago-- has not changed in size
Looks like a miniature grain of rice(normal tissue) with red on both sides. It is 1/4mm in size-hurts on the inside
Pain only when I am overly stressed
Have ruled out stds and I am waiting to get a biopsy for a proper diagnosis.
Inside of labia deep reddish purple with white marks-burns-seems to heal and come back
Originally diagnosed as eczema
Treated rash with elidil cream and cleared but has returned.
Rubbing on clothes
Too much soap
Tingling in fingers
Burning just below sternum
Tightness in chest
Pain in inner ear when waking on right side
Aching pain through esophagus and throat
Returning sinus pressure
Pressure behind right eye
Tightness in throat
Pain in legs
Lower back pain
Throbbing pain in lower abdomen
Aching pain in left breast close to armpit
Joint pain -- crunching in left shoulder
Sharp pain in right ovary
Extremely tired halfway through the day
I'm a single mom of young twins. I work and go to school and have been under a great deal of stress. I have recently started taking anxiety medication and have felt relief with many of my symptoms. I have seen six different doctors about this and have not been able to come up with a treatment. . Or an answer. For a few months the sore became an obsession because I was so certain it was some form of std. I worked myself in a panic and caused even more symptoms. I have not been properly diagnosed as I have yet to receive a biopsy but if there is any way I can get through this before then, I'd love to spare myself from having to have that procedure. I also went to the emergency room last week about the abdominal pain. All of my bloodwork came back normal and the doctor assured me that I was healthy in those aspects.
Glynn772 on 2014-07-17
HOW TO DESCRIBE YOUR COMPLAINTS (Physical Components)
In homoeopathy, prescription is based on precise details of various symptoms from which you suffer. To tell or write to a homoeopathic physician 'I have a headache ', ' an eruption ' or a cough would not be enough. If you inform him 'I have headache with sharp shooting pains in the left side of the head and temple, these pains always come on when the slightest cold air strikes the head. I feel better by pressing the head very hard. Then only you have given all the information required for making a good homoeopathic prescription. The success of the prescription depends; largely on how detailed your description of the symptoms is.
We require the following details about your symptoms.
LOCATION: Please give the exact location of sensation, pain or eruption. Also describe where the pain or sensation spreads.
SENSATION: Express the type of sensation or the pain that you get in your own words however simple or funny it may seem. You may have a sensation that a mouse is crawling or the heart was grasped by an iron hand or you may have a pain that is cutting, burning jerking, pressing. Express the sensation or pain as it feels to you. Try to explain the whole sensation in the exact way it is happening and not just the word. We need to understand the whole process of the sensation as it is happening to you.
WHAT MAKES YOU WORSE OR BETTER:
Many factors are likely to influence your complaint. Some factors may intensify it and some factors may relieve the trouble. A detailed list of the factors is given at the end. Please refer it while describing each of your troubles and indicate which factors make the complaint better or worse.
DISCHARGES: You may have a discharge from nose, ears, mouth, eyes, ulcers, fistula, eruptions on skin, private parts, etc. Please describe your discharge in detail including colour, consistency, appearance, odour etc.
1] Your Complaint:
(Use your own words as far as possible, but if you have recognized or diagnosed the condition, give this information also.) By answering as many of these questions as fully as possible, you are helping me to understand what your body and unconscious mind is conveying. This can help me find a remedy for you.)
What is your complaint?
When did the complaint begin?
Where is it located?
What sort of sensations (and emotions) do you associate with it?
When does it tend to occur (time/day)
Does anything make it better or worse?
How does it bother you? How is it coming in way of your day-to-day life?
How does it feel like to have this/these problem/s?
What is the effect of this/these problem/s on you?
Did any event happen which caused the complaint? Describe the emotion associated with it.
What are the other symptoms started with it, esp. mental and physical symptoms, which are not directly related to the main complaint.
What are your reactions with it?
PLEASE ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS FOR EACH SYMPTOM/COMPLAINT SEPARATELY. DO NOT INCLUDE ALL OF YOUR COMPLAINTS TOGETHER IN EACH QUESTION eg. all questions answered for Leg Pain, then same questions answered for Migraines, then same questions answered for Panic attacks etc.
♡ Evocationer 7 years ago
(the homoeopathic remedy is very often decided on the basis of the mental and emotional state of the patient !)
1. What are the issues in your life that bother you the most. Not physical issues but mental or emotional ones. List each one separately and describe why each one bothers you so much.
2. What emotions are the most troublesome for you? What situations provoke these emotions. How do these emotions make you act? Do you feel any ill effects from expressing or not expressing these emotions.
3. What incidents in your life have had a deep impact on you? Describe each incident in detail and how they made you feel? What did you do in those situations? What effect have they had on your life?
4. What are you afraid of? Especially important are phobias, but it might be objects, situations or events that just produce a high level of anxiety. How do you manage your fears? How do you react when confronted with these fears? What would be the worst situation for you to be put in that would provoke these fears? You may need to talk about each fear/anxiety separately.
5. What hobbies do you have? Why do you like each of these activities?
6. Do you have any persistent thoughts, ideas or beliefs that are difficult to stop or cope with? What are they?
7. Do you have any unusual gestures or movements of the body? Do you feel any unusual sensation or pain throughout your body? What exactly does it feel like is happening in your body?
8. When you experience your fears, persistent thoughts, or difficult emotions, what kind of sensation or reactions do you get in your body?
9. When did you feel at your best in your life? What was that like for you? If you imagine the complete opposite of this feeling or moment, what would that be like?
10. Do you feel like you are stuck in a pattern of behavior, especially when trying to deal with your problems? What is this pattern?
11. What difficulties or problems do you have in relationships? Talk about your family, your romantic relationships, your spouse or partner, your friends, and your work colleagues. You may need to talk about all of these separately.
12. List 5 positive things about yourself. Are there any situations where this positive attribute becomes negative (is a problem)?
13. List 5 negative things about yourself. Are there any situations where this negative attribute becomes positive (is useful)?
14. Do you have any reoccurring dreams? Describe them in detail, including any feelings that come while dreaming.
15. Did you have any reoccurring dreams as a child, or earlier in your life? Describe those in detail including any feelings that came with them.
16. What were you like as a child, your character, your personality, your fears, your dreams, your problems?
17. What kind of environment did you grow up in? What problems where there at home, with your family, with your parents, with your siblings, with school?
♡ Evocationer 7 years ago
(Symptoms that dont fit anywhere else, but are things that tend to affect all of you as a person, but are not emotions or thoughts)
1. Sleep - what position do you tend to sleep in?
- what position can you not sleep in?
- do you do anything unusual in your sleep?
- any problems with going to sleep, staying asleep, or waking up?
2. Appetite - What foods do you crave/desire strongly?
- What foods do you hate eating (have an aversion to)?
- What foods have a negative effect on you or cause symptoms?
- What foods have a positive effect on you or seem to improve your health or symptoms in some way?
- What is the effect of hunger or fasting on you?
3. Thirst - What drinks do you crave/desire strongly?
- What drinks do you hate to take (are averse to)?
- When are you most thirsty?
- When are you least thirsty?
4. Stool - Do you have any problems with your bowels or passing stool?
- What is the shape, color, odor of the stool?
5. Urine - Do you have any trouble passing or retaining urine?
- What is the color, odor of the urine?
- Do you have any sediment or debris in the urine?
6. Sweat - How do you feel about the amount of perspiration you have?
- Where do you have the most sweat?
- What is the odor?
- What color does it stain clothing?
- Does anything in particular cause you to sweat abnormally?
7. Sexuality - Any problems with your sexual desire?
- Any problems with your sexual ability or function?
- Any history of sexually transmitted diseases?
8. Menses (Women)
- How many days is your cycle?
- How many days does the flow go for?
- What is the appearance of the flow?
- What is the odor of the flow?
- What kind of stain does the flow leave?
- Any discharge before, during or after?
- Any pain before, during or after the flow?
- What symptoms come before the flow?
- What symptoms come after the flow?
9. Environment How does the weather affect you?
- How does the temperature affect you?
- How does the season affect you?
- What physical activities affect you?
- Is there anything else in the environment you are sensitive to?
♡ Evocationer 7 years ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.