Severe eczema - left foot, right handPresent condition:
1. Main complain ECZEMA-like on the Left foot: severe dryness/cracking /itchiness of the sole of left foot; top of the left foot is swollen , feels like Jell-O by touch (cant wear normal shoes, only sandals). Whole foot is red, red turning into bluish at the level of foot instep (on the sides). Foot is covered with layers of thickened skin that within a day got very itchy, when scratched out, yellowish liquid comes out. By touch the foot is bumpy, but dont see blisters as earlier (October unset, see below). Very rare dull pain in the food (mostly on the sides of the foot), heaviness, very difficult to walk due to severe crackness of the skin, sometimes cracks are bleeding. Sometimes feeling of tingling in the toes..
2. Severe dryness/cracking/itching (from time to time) on both hands. Right hand is affected more than the left one. Skin is very coarse, still a bit more reddish than the rest of the hand, some residual swelling. Tingling from time to time in tips of the fingers.
3. Both hands and foot are better from wrapping with cold wet fabric on the surface. Feel better when no pressure applied and it is exposed to the free air.
3.Patch of dry skin on the front of the neck (not itchy). Face: more reddish skin in the area of high cheeks (color of face lasts for several years).
Chills from time to time, but overall no fever (temperature is normal).
Feel very tired, sleep a lot.
Lower appetite, no extreme thirst (normal water consumption).
Mood: comes in waives sometimes absolutely sure that I just need to be patient and all troubles will magically disappear, sometimes think that I may lose my foot.
Current troubles with Left foot started 3 years ago when I went through divorce and lost my job (main feelings then: frustration, anger, fear). The Left Leg was always a trouble before (due to bulged veins on the left calf, no pain, sometimes itchy along the veins (usually in the evening), prior to bed I'm trying to lie down with legs elevated on the wall (veins look better then).3 years ago I got itching patch on the front foot covering area between 2nd and 4th toes. This area gradually increased and then spread to the sole area getting bigger and bigger there. During the first 1.5 year it was more wet and deeper cracked. With time it gets more dry, not very itchy in the morning, getting itchy in the afternoon and even more by evening (possible foot sweating to decrease it I changed socks twice a day, though it was of no help). I developed terrible habit to scratch it on every-day basis (first I touch it, it creates slight relief from this itchiness, but I CAN'T stop and then dry layers of skin starts to come out, clear or yellowish liquid came from there and it gets more and more itchy, starts to bleed from the deep scratches). Relief - applying liquid (when not scratched to bleeding), applying coconut oil (in the evening prior to bed) or aloe gel (during the day). When I had pain/inflammation due to scratching I was applying Homeopatic Sovereign silver gel. Wasnt able to take scratching reflex under control - the most frustrating for me.
Did acupuncture for the last 2 years- it helped a bit: the area didn't decrease, but get less inflamed and a bit dryer. Looked much better straight after needle session, but by the evening I scratch it and everything is back. Acupuncture doctor said that my immunity was still low; left leg circulation was much worse compared to the right one and my liver/spleen/gall-bladder were affected and it would take long time to return to normal state. Acupuncture helped me with my self-esteem, emotions, getting back feeling of every-day happiness, helped to regulate emotional outbursts, I started to feel much stronger than 3 years ago.
Also 3 years ago I developed on my upper part of the body (left side again: close to left breast and on the left breast itself) and my belly area brownish dry spots (can see skin scales), NEVER ITCHY. My ex-husband had it for a long time when we were married (on his hands and upper body), but I never had it from him. When divorce started I immediately developed it. LOW Immunity due to stress ? It disappeared when I treated it with tea-tree oil (treated for about 2 weeks). Appeared again about 1/2 year ago (don't know the trigger).
Im originally from north of Europe, live in US for more than 15years (always in very warm states), but still don't feel well when weather is hot and sun is bright (>24C). 46y old female, menses every 28-30 days (starts around 14th day of every month).Have 2 children (10 and 8 y old).
For the last 3 years my carbohydrate intake is limited (green apples, otherwise not much fruits). I'm eating lots of greens, organic chicken, fish, grass-fed beef (dont eat fish and beef while having this one-month eczema outbreak), home-made kefir. My weight is normal 120 lb, height 5ft3in.
In July 2014 (while on vacation in my home country) I started to take Na muriaticum (c 0/30) once a day for the month. Didn't notice significant changes in my eczema condition: foot looked a bit better, but I thought it was more due to exposure to open fresh air and sun (when I swam in lake it got worse, so I tried to avoid it). Still dry and itchy by evening. I got more brownish spots both on my left and right breasts (before that was mostly on the left side).
When returning to US after vacations (end of August) I got under lots of stress at work and communicating with ex-husband. I calmed down a bit only by October. And then I had idea to try to use wormwood to improve my left foot condition. For the 1st 5 days of taking it I felt O'K, but then allergy/or eczema??? Started (tiny itchy blisters filled with liquid, better to put hands in cold water, worst when dry) started - at 1st on hands (much more on the right palm and between fingers than on left one), and then all of a sudden the damage turned to my left foot: it got all swollen (red on both sides, puffy, soft due to lots of liquid retention, the whole foot was covered with tiny blisters with liquid, extremely itchy), better if I moisten it with water, skin was stretched and very fragile, broke up easily. I also had some blisters on the front side of my left foot. Feeling of numbness and extreme heaviness in the left foot (due to excessive swelling?). Had the feeling of lots of small needles in the fingers on my right hand and whole left foot - due to excessive swelling ? Usually right hand was at its worst swollen state in the morning and left foot was the worst by the end of the day (very-very dry cracking skin, itchy).
I immediately stopped taking wormwood (total I took it for 8 days), but it didn't help - foot was at the same never-was-worst condition and all right hand fingers were swollen with cracked/dried skin (blisters between fingers and on the palm).
Had the feeling as if I had fever, but no fever in fact; headache (temples and forehead).
Mood was O'K - worried about foot condition and also situation at work still was not resolved.
Decreased appetite, I was trying to drink lots of liquid - so I was constantly running to bathroom, still skin was extremely dry. Tried to use activated charcoal and bentonite clay to help detoxing - didn't have any effect. Really worried about results of my stupid actions. Better when cold water applied, exposed to the open air. Worth: when touching, when any pressure apply, from warmth.
On October 17 I tried Apis c30 ( took 2pel 30c, dissolved in 1/2 glass of water and took 1 tsp with 15min intervals - 4 times total). It didnt affect the swelling and dryness , but stinging pain decreased. After 4 doses of apis:pain changed from stinging to pressing, perhaps because swelling increased after 4th dose.
On October 18 I tried Rhus tox c30 (2pel 30c dissolved in 1/2 glass of water, take 1tea spoon every 15 min - 4 times). Skin got very dry and stretched, even slightest move of the foot caused pain (as if skin there tears down). Pulsating in the left foot.More dry patches on the face (especially around the mouth) , felt like having a crack on the tip of my tongue, painful. No more changes compared as before Rhus.
On October 19 I took Rhus tox LM0/1 (1 tsp in ½ glass of water, stir, 1 tsp dose). No changes.
October 25 Nux vomica c0/30. No changes.
After that till present (November 11) havent used any remedies. Applied Sovereign silver on the foot (to decrease inflammation - I worried that I got some infection due to constant scratching). By present the left foot has some improvement (decreased swelling, no visible blisters). It isn't constantly swollen as before, but after Im up for several minutes it gets swollen. Constantly red (bluish at the sides), a bit warmer than other foot. Skin is extremely dry and itchy - yellow liquid coming out (even after slight scratching). White patches of dry skin on the red swollen foot. lots of deep cracks that make walking very painful. Better from cold liquid (moisten tissue around the foot), but the moment it is out, skin dries up and cracks again. Sometimes dull pain on the side of the foot (either right or left side). No big appetite, no thirst. Lots of worries what's going on with my foot.
Larisa T on 2014-11-11
Please answer the following questions in a descriptive manner after careful analysis and recollection of previous experience and happenings.
1. Describe your main suffering? State the correct location of pain or suffering.
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst? Describe the sensation in your own words.
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
7. What are the things that aggravate your suffering and those that ameliorate the same? Example: time, temperature, pressure, rubbing, washing, eating, tight clothing etc.
8. Do you think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
Weeping, talking to one self etc?
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
-How do you respond to music? Do you feel better or worse mentally listening to music?
- What upsets you most in yourself and in others?
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
12. What do you crave in food items and what are your aversions?
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
14. How is your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand?
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general?
20. Do you have any strange, peculiar or unusual symptom or feelings? How are you different from others?
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance.
24. If your menstrual cycles are not normal, please describe the irregularities, like pains, moods, flow type, clots etc.
25. What major diseases have you had in your life and when. Please write them in a chronological manner.
♡ rishimba 5 years ago
1. Main suffering: eczema on the left foot (red/very dry/cracked/itchy sole and red/swollen/itchy upper part of the foot. Skin is constantly dry that makes very painful to walk.
2. Other physical sufferings: dry/itchy/cracked hands (Right much more exposed than left hand). Dry skin on the front of the neck. Extremely tired. Chills, but no fever(normal temperature). Brownish spots on the both sides of body and breasts (got lighter - more like pinkish during the last month)
3. What mental sufferings / feelings: lots of worries that it doesn't get better, frustration that I triggered present worsening of condition myself (by taking month ago wormwood). Hope sometimes changes into very low mood , but mostly more optimistic than pessimistic.
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst? Upset, fear that it wouldn't get better. Very tired of pain and desire to lie down, fall asleep and wake up healthy again.
5. When did it all start? Eczema started 3 years ago (divorce and loss of job, needed to move to different city and start from the beginning with two children). Present worsening of eczema: in mid-October after taking wormwood.
6. Which time of the day you are worst? middle of the day.
7. Aggravate: warmth on the foot, tight shoes (can wear only sandals), foot not elevated/walking, pressure on the foot. Better: cold moisture to the foot/hands, elevation, laying down, sleeping, not being at work, not being in a hurry, foot exposed to the open air, light touching of the sole of the foot (but it is dangerous, because it could provoke severe scratching)
8. Do you think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli : have the feeling that wormwood provoked something pushing out by my body, but due to low immunity (lots of stress in summer-beginning of autumn) my body can't deal with it properly. Doesn't see any connection with menses
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather? Have chills most of the time (no fever), prefer moderate weather (bad both from cold or hot, though hot could be the worst). Can't determine difference in condition for dry/humid weather
10. Describe your general mental set up? Usually I'm quiet and patient, but during lost 3 years I constantly need to control myself to stay at this state. Usually by end of the end when I got very tired I snapped and could become angry and impatient. My trouble - perfectionism, but got much better for the last year. More optimistic than pessimistic, very critical (especially for myself and children). Nervous inside (not so noticeable from outside), easily offended. Paying too much attention to the opinion of others. Not confident enough (got better).
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm? Like the sounds and nature, but prefer to stay inside.
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times? Yes, but not constantly and by people I love and trust.
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc? Yes, especially by the end of the day (when tired). Also I always notice very slight changes, but very often it doesn't turn my condition to worse, rather to better.
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture : for the last 3 years constant scratching of the left foot. For more than 10 years - checking several times whether I turned of the electric appliances (stove etc) prior leaving the house.
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children : very attached, love them. Divorced 1 year divorce lasted for 2 years): at first lots of anger, disgust and frustration towards my ex-husband. Now angry only when he has tough situation with children, otherwise he is stranger to me; if he would have troubles I'll help him, BUT I can't talk to him at all.
-How do you respond to music? Sensitive to music, prefer classic one. Feel better when mentally listening to music.
- What upsets you most in yourself and in others. When I snapped and can't control myself with my children, when I can't stay calm and can't express myself in a calm manner. The worst when people are lying, manipulate others, abusive, not trust-worthy .
11. What are your fears : from time to time create some problems in global future in my head (how to pay for college for children; will I be able to provide them good
education at school; will I meet the person I'll love and feel connected with). After fight with somebody will go over and over about this situation in my head (trying to reply more calm and wise)
12. What do you crave in food items and what are your aversions? From time to time craving for bread, spicy (mild) food. Don't like soups, and prefer chicken/fish in contrast to beef.
13. How is your thirst: a bit more than normal now
14. How is your hunger: Less than usual
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand? Can't specify right now.
16. Sweating is normal. Where does it sweat more:limbs and under pits?
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type? Once a day (after getting up). Normal consistency.
18. How well do you sleep? Tired now, sleep more than usual, mostly on the side (more left than right), fetal position
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general? Didn't have sex for 3 years. Need to feel emotionally connected with person to have sex. When trust person will be satisfied.
20. Do you have any strange, peculiar or unusual symptom or feelings? How are you different from others? Sometimes feeling of insecurity, still can't believe I'm 46 y old (feels like much younger).
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication? Worsen after wormwood (apis, rhus, nux didn't influence worsening of the condition). Prior to wormwood tried natr-mur c0/30 to treat 3y old eczema condition - no changes.
22. What major diseases are running in your family? Diabetes (father), eye problems (macular degeneration, cataract, glaucoma - mother; diabetic retinopathy - father). Low blood pressure, joint pain, blood vessel problems - mother. Obesity, high blood pressure - father.
23. Describe, how do you look like? Petite, normal weight (118lb - 5ft3in), normal build, athletic, grey hair (colored), greyish-blue eyes. look younger than I'm.
24. Menstrual cycles are normal (28-30days), around 14th of every month. Prior to cycle got more sensitive in mood, have chills, often have herpes in the corner of my mouth.
25. What major diseases have you had in your life and when. Migraines (practically gone now), bad veins (left leg), had elongated cycle, not very regular (normal now), pedunculated fibroid. Was said by acupuncturist and by hair analysis that my liver/gall-bludder/spleen are week.
Larisa T 5 years ago
Larisa T 5 years ago
Report to me after a week so that we can decide on the next dose-set.
One dose would be 3 drops of remedy or 3 pellets mixed in about 10 ml of water sipped up in empty stomach and clean mouth.
No food or water one hour before or after taking the dose.
If there is absolutely no change in your symptoms even after a week, get hold of MERC SOL 12C. That's the second best indicated remedy.
♡ rishimba 5 years ago
All of a sudden I got better this morning - still swollen, but not so severe and less cracking. I'll hold without anything for one or two days - perhaps, my body started to heal on its own.
Thank you very much for your support, I'll report you later anyway,
Larisa T 5 years ago
Smaryliyana 3 years ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.