Diagnosed with pre-diabetes pls helpHi
Doctors, I have been diagnosed with pre-diabetes (higher risk of developing type 2 diabetes),high blood cholesterol and high lever enzyme.My FBG is 116 mg/dl.Pls help me find the way of reversing all the affect from high blood glucose level and develop diabetes.pls help
zahan34 on 2015-01-31
If you have been diagnosed with pre-diabetes or diabetes, the following summarized information will help you a lot. In addition to the below information a very good source of info about Diabetes is www.diabetes.org
What are the signs of Diabetes:
There are no specific signs, in some people with high sugar, cuts, bruises and injuries take very long to heal. Some may have excessive thirst & dry mouth. Some may have excessive urination, sweet smelling urine etc. Diabetes can only be detected with certainty with a blood test.
What is Pre-Diabetes
If you have a fasting sugar level of above 106 mg/dL but below 126 mg/dL, then you are pre-diabetic. What it means is that your body is not processing sugar the way a normal person does and you have a very high chance of developing diabetes.
What is Diabetes
If you have a fasting sugar level of above 126 mg/dL then you are diabetic. What it means is that your body is not processing sugar the way a normal person does.
What is the difference between Type-1 & Type-2 Diabetes
Type-1 diabetes are those people who are born diabetic.
Type-2 diabetes are those people who are born fine and develop diabetes later on.
Both these types need medicines and/or insulin to stay healthy.
Why is Diabetes dangerous
If diabetes is not managed, it can cause serious health issues like blindness, kidney failure, extreme nerve pain, loss of sexual desire etc.
Can homeopathy cure diabetes
In most cases no. But homeopathy can improve your overall health and stop further deterioration that diabetes may cause.
Homeopathy can cure Pre-Diabetes (see details below).
How can homeopathy help in Pre-Diabetes
To understand the role of homeopathy in Diabetes, first you have to understand what causes Diabetes.
Diabetes is the inability of body to process sugar properly either due to the lack of insulin OR due to the inability to use insulin (called insulin resistance). These are two totally different problems and require different solutions. Unfortunately, the allopathic medicine doesnt make this distinction and regardless of whether you have enough insulin or not, it works on both fronts i.e. forces your body to produce more insulin AND also improve the ability of the body to use insulin efficiently. These medicines do this by working on the liver & pancreas.
Homeopathy can cure insulin resistance i.e. the inability of the body to use insulin. But if the pancreas is failing and the body doesnt have enough insulin, homeopathy cant help in that case.
Present treatment of Pre-Diabetes with allopathic medicine just accelerates it to full fledge diabetes instead of delaying it. If you want to delay the onset of Diabetes, here is what you need to do:
1. Get yourself tested for serum Insulin level
2. This will show if your pancreas is healthy and producing enough insulin or not
3. Depending on the results, your treatment will be decided
4. If your Insulin level comes high, its a great sign which shows that your pancreas is healthy and producing enough insulin. In this case, the reason of your pre-diabetes is that your body is not using the available insulin.
Get your HbA1C level tested, it will show how your sugar has been over a period of approx. 3 months
Get yourself tested for Lipid profile to check if your liver is working fine
5. If your Insulin level comes low, it means your pancreas is failing. Homeopathy can still help you make the maximum out of it and slow down or stop the failure of pancreas.
With the results of above tests, consult a classical (single remedy) homeopath who can help you overcome pre-diabetes. Remember, pre-diabetes shows your bodys inherent tendency towards diabetes, homeopathy can only help if you adopt lifestyle changes otherwise even homeopathy cant help.
A simple example which will help you understand this is that if you have an injury, the right homeopathic remedy will speed up the cure. But if you keep cutting yourself over and over again, no amount of homeopathy or medicine can cure! So the lifestyle changes will help you support your body to avoid or delay diabetes.
Lifestyle changes if you are Pre-Diabetic or Diabetic (Type-2):
You can do a couple of lifestyle changes which will either delay the onset of diabetes or avoid it altogether. Here are the changes you need:
1. Start walking 30-40 minutes a day for 5 days a week with your spouse/friend.
2. Add 20 minutes of strength training 3 days a week to it.
3. Stop all processed foods e.g. white bread, white rice, white burgers etc.
4. Eat whole foods only i.e. whole grain bread, brown rice etc.
5. The bread should be high in bran content & the flour should be coarse ground.
6. Eat foods having a low Glycemic Index and Glycemic Load (search Google for these terms)
7. Start eating a bowl of salad at least once a day e.g. it should contain cucumber, carrots, salad leaves, tomato and any vegetable you like. Put a dressing of olive oil & raw apple cider vinegar and put some salt & black pepper to your liking.
8. Start eating half cup of plain, non-flavored yogurt with live cultures at least 3 times a week in the morning or with lunch. If you have homemade yogurt thats the best.
9. Eat at least 1-2 fruits per day e.g. apple, orange etc.
10. Sleep enough as nothing helps to control sugar like good sleep.
This article has been copied in its entirety from my website www.payaftercure.com. There are several free articles related to health on my site.
fitness 5 years ago
Thank you Sir, I have read all that you have written and I will try to follow accordingly. But I would like to discuss things a bit more details with honourable doctors alongside with some remedy to use. When my GP told me the news of diagnostics have acted accordingly( like change life style. lost weight as much as 10 kilo. regular exercise, Change working and sleeping pattern) by my GP.I am looking for alternative way of regulating bg or probably curing/delaying diabetes. I am 38 years old, Unmarried and A history of diabetic family members.Pls help.
zahan34 5 years ago
Thank you very much for showing interest on me.Probably took a first step towards alternative medicine to came here and learn a lots about the problem I am facing with talking doctors and forum people.Just put this things that way please. I will see a homeo practitioner in near future if I Think it ok to see one physically.
zahan34 5 years ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.