Can someone give me some advice please. I am 40 year old female, have 8 month old baby who i am still breastfeeding. Just over a month ago I had a binge of chocolate and I feel it was a case of 'the straw that broke the camels back' as I started getting acid reflux which continued constantly. I researched online with other symptoms and it seems I have had silent reflux (lpr) for many years but without any major impact up until now. The doctor prescribed me omeprazole but I feel worse on this! Tried coming off yesterday and got awful rebound so back on it even though I find I feel horrible. I have constant acid coming into my throat with pain from middle top of stomach up windpipe area to throat. I have gurgling in my tummy more so since this bloody ppi! I can feel the acid in my sinus and airways constantly. It's really getting me down and I have a baby to look after so can't afford to be like this. Can anyone Recomend some homepath medicine? I have looked at nat phosx6?? Have tried kinisiology, reflexology, reiki and eft but just not cracking the route cause. Oh, I do have ibs too. Have lost over 18 pounds since this started and hardly eating much as even got the pain after water. Please help am desperate xx
Sonya23 on 2015-10-30
Please answer the following questions in a descriptive manner after careful analysis and recollection of previous experience and happenings.
1. Describe your main suffering? State the correct location of pain or suffering.
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst? Describe the sensation in your own words.
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease? What was happening in your life just before these symptoms were noticed?
6. What time of the day do you suffer the most? What time of the day /night do you feel most energetic and happy?
7. What are the things that aggravate your suffering and those that ameliorate the same? Example: time, hot or cold application, pressure, rubbing, washing, eating, tight clothing, sweating, walking, climbing, stool etc. Is there anything unusual about your pains or sufferings?
8. Do you think your sufferings have direct relation to any particular external factor or are it something to do with your own biological changes?
9. When do you feel worst, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather, standing, walking, climbing stairs, sitting, hanging legs down, laying down, turning in bed etc.?
10. Describe your general mental set up? Please pick out the adjectives which best describe your personality; (pick 3 to 5 most appropriate words that describe your mental traits)
Nervous, Anxious, Shy, Worrying, Paranoid, Proud, Unsocial, Guilty, Depressed, Hypochondriac, Untidy, Weepy, Emotional, Impractical, Confused, Suspicious, Jealous, Timid, Aggressive, Headstrong, Forgetful, Follower, Insecure, Immature, Impulsive, Rigid, Restless, Feminine, Empathetic, Introverted.
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
- How do you respond to consolation during your tough times?
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc.?
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
Weeping, talking to one self etc?
- How do you get along with your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
-What is your profession? Do you love your profession? What is your dream job?
-Did you have any bereavement in life? How has it affected you?
-Do you have any issues regarding your parenting by guardians?
-Can you remember any unfortunate incident in life that you want to forget?
-How do you respond to music? Do you feel better or worse mentally listening to music?
- What upsets you most in yourself and in others?
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
12. What do you crave in food items and what are your aversions?
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
14. How is your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
15. Is there any kind of food which your body can’t stand?
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type? Do you have any abnormal smell in the urine?
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
19. Do you think you are able to address your libido in general? Would you say your drive is low, normal or high?
20. Do you have any strange, peculiar or unusual sensation, thoughts or feelings? How are you different from others?
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
22. What major diseases have run in the family in the last two generations both sides?
23. Describe your overall appearance with respect to your BMI, skin type, muscular or flabby etc.
24. What major diseases have you had in your life and when. Please write them in a chronological manner.
25. If your menstrual cycles are not normal, please describe all irregularities, like pains, moods, flow type, clots etc. as below:
- Are your periods generally regular, early or delayed? What is the usual cycle duration?
- Describe the sensations and locations of pain before, during and after the flow.
- How do you generally deal with your sufferings during periods? Do you have any non-medical way of relieving your suffering?
- What is the duration of flow? Is it heavy, medium or light?
- Do you observe clots?
- Do you have mid-cycle spotting? What are the days you have spotting?
- Describe changes in your mental condition or any other peculiar symptom that surfaces before, during or after the flow.
- Do your sufferings increase or decrease as soon as the flow begins?
- Did you ever take birth control pills on a regular basis?
- Have you ever been treated earlier or recently for any gynecological irregularity? Please describe.
♡ rishimba 4 years ago
2.My body aches all over. Have trouble getting up when kneeling. Feel weak in my body. I suffer with back lower back pain and trapped nerve type pains in my top of back and left shoulder. My feet and hands really ache too. I get stomach cramps and need to go to the toilet with the runs occasionally. I sometimes get sensation I need to urinate like a cold in urethra area.
3. I get upset and feel hopeless by my sufferings. I have tendency to be negative and fear the worst. I worry it is something sinister. I get anxiety with this.
4.I feel completely drained. My whole body feels old and aches. My heart feels like it's beating fast, I get breathless, my body feels like it's tingly in a bad way and I feel hot and stingy in my sinus and face.
5. Recently this started about 6 weeks ago but I had this sensation when pregnant around Jan/Feb time which I thought was Braxton hicks. I think I've had the silent reflux but at a smaller scale for many years. I had heartburn occasionally as a child. When pregnant I had a lot of stress prior to the feelings. I lost first baby so 1st 12 weeks and if honest most if pregnancy was me anxious about losing her. I had high blood pressure towards the end of pregnancy but it was a lot to do with anxiety and white coat syndrome. I rowed slot with partner too. Recently, prior to the feelings I had been eating rubbish in particular chocolate and sugar, bent over feeding daughter a lot, no sleep, stress looking after newborn and taking on most of the duties. Rowing with partner a lot too. I also had a bad cough and cold just a few weeks before.
6. Evenings and bedtime is worst. Don't really feel any time energetic. Maybe more so late afternoon.
7. Eating, eating a large meal, drinking a large volume, breastfeeding in bed, lying down, sitting on sofa, cold weather, waking up, bending over, tight clothes. Sometimes reclining on the bed with head raised seems to help symptoms.
8.could possibly be a hiatal hernia, hormones, stress, weight as root causes. I also suffer ibs symptoms so feel be gas build up.
9. Humid weather and sitting plus climbing as heart races.
10. Nervous, anxious, worrying, emotional and empathic.
- feel heavy and get a headache.
-get upset and cry
-weeping and talk to myself
-I tend to give a lot more than take. Isolate myself a lot. Family I clash with mum and brother but get along. Partner I clash a lot and we argue or just ignore each other. Adore my daughter but she is demanding and takes a lot of me.
- was a drug and alcohol support worker. Didn't enjoy towards the end. Dream job is author.
-great nan died when 8ish, dog died, nan and grandad 4 months apart then Nan a few years ago. Felt numb when great nan passed, very upset when dog died, upset and couldn't really face it when Nan died. Jumped into a new job, felt couldn't grieve properly as mum took over that. Upset when grandad passed. Quite numb even now with man's passing as was very close. Miscarried baby. Had counselling. Made me fearful since then.
-father don't have a relationship with. Mum am close but do feel she has selfish tendencies and been using myself and sister as mother figures since Nan passed.
-Mum had a partner who was physical and I used to attack him if I heard him hurting my mum.
-love music.feel better and it is quite healing for me.
-the need to be right.
11. I fear illness. In particular death and leaving my daughter. I fear my daughter also having something wrong with her medically.
12. I crave sugary foods like cakes, fizzy drinks etc. I dislike meats except chicken and Turkey.
13. Excessive thirst.
14. Excessive hunger.
15. Spicy foods and creamy sauces.
16. I sweat quite a lot. Trunk.
17. Once or twice per day but once lately due to less food consumption and meds for heartburn. Don't notice anything unusual about urine. Stools can be quite large and mid brown. I can get a strange feeling prior to a bowel movement like rapid heart beat.
18. Don't sleep great as daughter wakes 3-6 Times in night to feed back to sleep. Always wake tired. Sleep on left side.
19. Libido normal before baby but low now.
20. I sometimes think what would the person I am talking to do if I hit them. Weird I know! I think people talk about me too. I get a gut feeling if I can trust someone. I sometimes get a strange feeling like I'm itchy all over when tired.
21. Omeprazole 20mg. I am weaning off them as found they didn't work. Made stomach bloat more, constipated and more gurgling, loud noises in stomach.
22. High blood pressure, lymphoma, lung C, diabetes, asthma, ibs. Irregular heart (pacemaker), tuberculosis.
23. Curvy. Overweight by 20 pounds according to bmi. White, can get spotty due to hormones. Slightly flabby since baby.
24. No major diseases except childhood stuff like chicken pox etc.
25. Not had periods since baby but prior to pregnancy cycles were irregular after the miscarriage. Would be early one month then delayed another.
- Ovulation would feel cold popping sensation and cramps in uterus, before period would feel crampy in stomach and uterus then heavy in uterus on 1st day and also get diarrhea. Also got heavy pulling feeling in vagina whilst on period. After would feel empty and normal.
- usually just get on with the pain. Used reiki and tapping acupuncture to help pains.
- flow heavy for 1st 2 days then tapers off.
- Yes did have slight clots.
-No mid cycle bleeding.
- felt very negative, weepy and irritated prior to period. During felt anxious and self conscious. After felt normal.
-increase 1st day.
-last took birth control about 4/5 years ago.
-No irregularities so no treatment.
Hope this info is enough. Thank you
Sonya23 4 years ago
You need to stop the doses if you see a change for better or worse after a few doses.
Wait for some two to three days after about 6 to 8 doses. Let me know about your condition after a week.
One dose would be 3 drops of remedy in some 10 ml of water sipped up slowly in empty stomach and clean mouth. No food or water one hour before of after taking the dose.
♡ rishimba 4 years ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.