Chronic eczema on fingers and hair lineHi there. For almost a year now I have had eczema on my right hand middle finger very badly and left hand middle finger to some degree. I also have eczema around my hair line on top of my forehead and on my lower calves. These are the only places I have it and it won't go away no matter what I do. The eczema is very itchy, dry and cracking. It is a raised rash and is very rough.
I don't eat gluten or dairy as I find that irritates it. I am a relatively anxious person who always worries about not working hard enough. I have a difficult time relaxing because I feel guilty not being productive. The eczema is worse with heat and dish soap, hand cream even though I only use those that are environmentally friendly and even geared towards sensitive skin. I crave sweets in the form of fruit and can't go a day with out eating lots of fruit. Sometimes I wake up at 4am and can't fall back asleep for an hour... It's always 4am that this happens at.
I've had eczema since a child although it was pretty much gone for 10 years prior to this flare up described above. Sorry for the random rambling! Any advice would be appreciated.
Cclark49 on 2016-03-16
♡ Zady101 7 years ago
Patient ID: Sex: Female Age: 29
Please answer the following questions in a descriptive manner after careful analysis and recollection of previous experiences and happenings.
1. Describe your main suffering?
Eczema on middle fingers of both hands, around scalp at hair line and on lower leg calves.
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
dark circles under eyes, seasonal allergies, allergies to indoor dust, cats.
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
annoyed with the constant itchy and dry skin on my fingers, frustrated with the fact that it won't go away no matter what I do!
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst?
itchy! dry skin...peeling flaky skin on my fingers especially and very itchy around hair line.
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
about a year or so ago...I was eating quite a bit of gluten items at the time which tends to make eczema worse. I was also washing a lot of dishes and had my hands in hot water quite a bit (and still do). It always gets worse after washing dishes.
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
Early evening - 4-8pm
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same?
Dish washing and various lotions aggravate. Very hot water makes it itchy. Coconut oil makes it feel better a bit. Cold water makes it feel better.
Wool also aggravates me so much! I can't sit on wool carpets with out getting a rash.
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
Hot weather. My eczema gets much much better then. It doesn't matter dry or humid (or not that I notice).
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
Somewhat arrogant, easily offended, definitely not lazy though - very hard working, perfectionist, a bit on the OCD side (like things lined up, in perfect shape, done properly, etc). Fairly open minded however. Not judgemental of others.
Optimistic and positive most of the time. Easily stressed however about work (self employed). Not very easily stressed over family or friends
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
I am excited before thunderstorms because I love them! And during I feel energized.
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
Yes, I like to talk through everything extensively. I don't like being alone in tough times - it makes everything so much worse.
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
Very sensitive to synthetic smells (perfume) and smoke - very sensitive to smoke. Sensitive to noise for sure, hate loud noises and my eyes water in sunlight with out sunglasses on.
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
weeping, talking to one self etc?
I talk to myself a bit but otherwise no. Sometimes I pluck hairs from my eyebrows with my fingers when I'm bored.
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
I've lost contact with many of my friends over the recent years which makes me sad and feel lonely. I love my family though and my son. I have a good relationship with my husband and love and respect him very much.
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
My only fear is not being able to achieve / do / have the things that I want in life as there are many things now i would like to have / be that I don't yet.
I always dream about my ex-boyfriend of 10 years almost every night. (we broke up 8 years ago but are still in touch). Different dream but always the same situation - he has a new girlfriend and we are in a situation where she is there and I wish she wasn't.
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
Always crave sweets. Aversions are really salty things and coffee, meat (I'm vegetarian).
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
Normal but often am thirsty and chug a whole glass of water.
14. How if your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
15. Is there any kind of food which your body can’t stand?
Milk and gluten items.
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
Less - I hardly ever sweat. My trunk sweats more than anything else but even when doing physical activity I don't sweat much.
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
Very regular - one or two times a day and one solid formed stool each time.
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
I sleep ok - I sleep quite a few hours (10 per night) but wake up quite a few times and sometimes can't fall back asleep. especially from 4am to 5pm. I always sleep on my left side with one arm under the pillow.
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general?
20. How do you think you are different from others, if at all?
I think I want to achieve more than most people...I'm a bit high strung and an over achiever.
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
Sometimes I use hydrocoristone (steroid cream)
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance
5'3" tall. 110 lbs. Petite frame. Blonde hair. Green eyes. Small bones. Narrow face. Long fingers. Long torso. Shortish legs. Pronounced nose.
24. (ONLY FOR FEMALES)
Please answer the following questions:
(Please give details of your past menstruation if you have attained menopause.)
- Are the periods early, regular or late in general? How long do they last?
Semi regular - every month usually but sometimes it skips a month. Lasts 5 days.
- Do you suffer from any kind of physical or mental discomfort before, during or after the periods?
Emotional before hand.
- Is the flow scanty, normal or excessive?
- Is the blood thick bright red or pale watery?
- Do you notice any clots in the flow? Yes sometimes.
Cclark49 7 years ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.