extreme tiredness (fatigue)Post Covid World – Post Covid / Long Covid Remedies
Written by Saptarshi Banerjea.
Dr. Saptarshi Banerjea presents key remedies for post-covid and long-covid symptoms. Remedies for fatigue, shortness of breath, cardiac symptoms, memory, pain, and loss of smell and taste are included.
Post/ Long Covid Symptoms:
Common long COVID symptoms include:
• extreme tiredness (fatigue)
• shortness of breath
• chest pain or tightness
• problems with memory and concentration (“brain fog”)
• difficulty sleeping (insomnia)
• heart palpitations
• pins and needles
• joint pain
• depression and anxiety
• tinnitus, earaches
• feeling sick, diarrhoea, stomach aches, loss of appetite
• a high temperature, cough, headaches, sore throat, changes to sense of smell or taste
1. Extreme Tiredness (Fatigue):
2. Shortness of Breath with Chest Pain & Tightness:
3. Changes in Sense of Smell & Taste:
4. Memory & Concentration:
EXTREME TIREDNESS (FATIGUE)
1) ALSTONIA SCHOLARIS:
• Tonic after exhausting fevers (with diarrhoea / dysentery à Gone sensation in stomach.
2) ARSENIC SULPH. RUB (3x Trit.):
• Influenza with intense catarrhal symptoms, great prostration (+++) and high temperature, purulent discharges. Chilly even before a fire. Agg. night, drinking cold water.
• Chilliness, restlessness, anxiety, fear: fear of death (Acon.), prostration. Burnings, relieved by heat. Oversensitive: fastidious (OCD). Queer symptoms – red-hot-needle pains. Sensation of ice-water running through veins, or boiling water going through blood vessels. Thirst, sips of cold water.
4) AVENA SATIVA:
• Best tonic for debility after exhausting diseases.
• Nervous exhaustion.
• Sexual debility à Spermatorrhoea, Impotency.
• Inability to keep mind on one subject.
• Tonic for mental, physical & sexual debility after exhausting disease. Nervous exhaustion, neurasthenia. Inability to focus.
• Diminishes cough.
• Improves appetite.
6) CINCHONA OFF:
• Broken down from exhausting discharges:
• Apathy & indifferent.
• Apathy pumped-out.
• Ringing in ears.
• Curare takes hold of grippe or its after effects right away when the patient has these symptoms:- weakness with shaky lower extremities especially: the patient is surprised at his weakness and says, “Why I am all gone”; thirst for large quantities of cold water; sensation of heat and sensitive to heat; it is a remedy for the rapid pulse of post-influenzal myocarditis of which we see so many some years, persisting for weeks or months after grippe when some degree of the above symptoms are present. Dr. R. E. S. Hayes, M.D.
• Post Influenzal debility and insomnia.
• Patients sometimes come saying “cannot get well after `flu’ a few weeks ago”. They are found to have a temperature of somewhere around 99oF. Not ill : Not well! If they are chilly, with heats and chills; if they feel a weakness, and heaviness of limbs and eyelids, Gels. quickly puts them right. 4D (Dull–Dizzy–Drowsy–Debility & H: Heaviness)
10) GENTIANA LUTEA (Q): <br>
• Acts as a tonic, increasing appetite.
11) KALI PHOS.:
• Indisposition to meet people.
• Aversion to converse.
Pins & Needles Tingling Numbness
Brain fag Insomnia
Slightest labor seems a heavy task.
• Emotional Debility: Absent minded, forgetful from Excitement, Worry, Overwork. Lethargy à indisposition to meet people; disinclined to converse. Nervous & restless, starts easily. Weak memory (Brain fag). Sensitiveness (+++) to all impressions. Agg. Excitement, worry, mental & physical exertion; 3 A.M. to 5 A.M; noise. Amel. rest.
12) LATHYRUS SATIVUS:
• After influenza à Exhausting diseases:
• Slow recovery of nerve power.
13) LEVICO (Q):
Debility (+++) in respiratory and skin diseases.
14) LOBELIA CERULEA:
• Gives a perfect picture of sneezing influenza, involving the posterior nares, palate and fauces. Very depressed. Pain in knees. Great oppression in lower part of chest, as if air could not reach there. Pain in chest under short ribs of left side.
15) MACROZAMIA SPIRALIS (3x Trit.):
• Extreme debility after illness; collapse. Weariness from no assignable cause, no pains. Boring pain at vertex; vomiting and retching all night; impossible to open eyes, giddiness and cold.
16) NATRUM ARS:
• Facilitates the termination of cold and conserves the strength and appetite.
• Oppression of chest.
• Weakness remaining after acute disease à Loss of fluid.
• Appetite does not return.
18) SALICYLIC ACID:
• Acid à Debility after influenza.
• Tinnitus aurium & deafness.
• Roaring – like buzzing of bees.
• Prostration after influenza, also tinnitus aurium and deafness.
19) SARCOLACTIC ACID:
• When Arsenic fails.
• Epidemic influenza.
• Tiredness à Morning on getting up & muscular prostration à Arms feel as if no strength in them.
• Uncontrollable vomiting à even of water.
• Nervous sedative.
• Nervous fear.
• Nervous weakness after flu? Cardiac irritability.
• Muscle twitching.
21) TINOSPORA CORDIFOLIA (GULANCHA) (Q):
• Intermittent fevers, jaundice, torpidity of the liver. It is widely used as a “pick-me-up” remedy where the patient has become extremely weak owing to repeated attacks of fever and also to exhausting seminal emissions. It is a very good medicine in excessive palpitation of the heart due to awful weakness or excessive seminal emissions.
(1) Asthenia (post influenzal) : * Chininum ars. * China. * Carbo veg.
(2) Cough after Influenza : * Kreosote. * Eriodictyon. * Pix liquida.
(3) Nerve power weak, after Influenza slow recovery of nerve- power : * Lathyrus. * Scutellaria lateriflora.
(4) Weakness after Influenza : * Abrotanum. * Kali phos. * Nat. silicum. * Lobelia purpura (Nervous prostration). * Salicyclic acid.
(5) Continued debility :- China.
(6) Debility after influenza :- Carbolic Acid.
(7) Tired; Stiff; Nausea; Vomiting; Muscular prostration :- Sarcolactic Acid.
(8) Loss of strength and appetite :- Antim Iod.
(9) Prostration after influenza :- Salicylicum Acid.
(10) Slow digestion & Sinusitis :- Eucalyptus.
(11) Weakness with shaky lower extremities : Curare.
Clinical Tips on Indian Drugs used:
Debility: Cynodon Dactylon (Durva, Dub, Dubla, Durba); Ficus Religiosa (Asvattha, Ashud, Asud, Ashatwa, Aswat, Asvattha); Tinospora Cordifolia (Gulancha, Goloncha, Giloe, Gurach, Gadancha, Nimgilo, Palo).
♥ anuj srivastava on 2021-09-01
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.