Irritable Bowel SyndromeSalams and Eid mubarak. i asked a question earlier about azoospermia (for which i look forward to a remedy) for my husband, and now i have a question for myself about irritable bowel syndrome, which i was recently diagnosed with.
Patient ID: Jwood
Nature of work: attorney, with an all day desk job
Habits: i dont know, i like to bake, write, and read.
1. Describe your main suffering?
Bloating. This bloating just started in the last few months. But now i am noticing no relief. It comes on after eating and it makes me feel and look like i am 9 months pregnant. I also have general stomach upset, feeling of fullness all the time.
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
I have a constant ringing in my right ear. I have thinning and very thin hair. I have had this for about 10 years or more. Lately, i feel anxiety in my legs, sometimes restless leg syndrome. I also have slightly elevated prolactin, which ranges from 41-63. I also have the sensation of heart flutterings or skipped heart beats. These are not strong, but are vague. Once in a while, i feel my lungs suddenly constrict upon inhalation.
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
Sometimes i can suddenly very depressed, for no apparent reason. I just feel incredibly low. I get a sinking feeling as well.
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst? Describe the sensation in your own words.
I feel bloated and uncomfortable. i feel that my clothes are too tight and that i am too fat. Sometimes i also feel bad.
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
I cant really connect it to anything specific. i think i've lived with a mild form of this for some time. I would get bloated before my period, but then it would go away after my period. I've had that condition for about 10 years. This year has been stressful at work (too much to do and not enough time) and at home (husband had a cancer scare that turned out to be benign). The constant bloating started and was noticeable during ramadan. After about two months, it appeared to have settled down. But then it started up again right after i was feeling really bad about myself. Once in a while, i suddenly feel very depressed. I then had some some fried mushrooms. And then the bloating and stomach upset started and havent stopped. That was 10 days ago.
I usually avoid bread. i believe that i am gluten sensitive. So, i do generally follow a gluten free diet. Bread makes me sluggish and sleepy and slows my digestion.
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
It's all the time, constant, 24 hours, especially after i eat. I get particularly sluggish and slow in the morning. It is hard to get up and go about my normal routine.
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same? Example- time, temperature, pressure, rubbing, washing, eating, tight clothing etc.
Eating makes it worse. Tight clothing make it a little worse. I am usually very cold in the morning. I'm still trying to figure out what makes it better. Nothing so far.
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
I used to get slight bloating before my period (10 days). Now, it's really bad bloating all the time, triggered by eating anything.
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
Cant tell a difference.
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
I am agreeable, mild, anxious, fearful, and very hard working.
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
I am anxious. It's worse if i am not home.
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
In the past, i would have said no. But, now i am ok with it. I prefer it.
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
Yes, i am very sensitive to all three. I am sensitive to the sun and wear sunglasses, but i am sensitive to indoor light and feel that there's usually not enough. I am sensitve to screaming, whistling, and high pitched sounds. I am also sensitive to perfumes.
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
Weeping, talking to one self etc?
I bite the left side of my tongue. I like to curl and twirl my hair with my fingers. Sometimes i feel causeless weeping, but it's not a habit.
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
I am not close to my mother (have never been). I am estranged from my father. I feel sad, angry, and resentful about that. Despite a lifetime of trying, i have been unsuccessful in having a normal relationship with my mother or father. I was abandoned by them as a child. I love my husband, but i feel frustrated at times that he's not as motivated as i am or emotive to me. I feel that i do not have enough good friends.
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
I fear a breaking into the house in the middle of the night. I am afraid to quit my job and pursue my passions because of the financial consequences.
I dream of getting on and off an elevator all the time. I am always trying to catch the elevator. I also have similar dreams about trains, trying to get on or off a train or just waiting for the train to come. i used to dream about tornadoes, but that has been less so now. Lately, i dream about chocolate, cookies, and frosting. Frosting all the time.
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
At night, i have excessive thirst. This is not regular. Otherwise, it's less.
14. How is your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
I feel hunger about once a day or less.
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand?
Gluten. I think i am gluten sensitive. At times, i may be sensitive to milk, but not all the time.
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
In general, i would say it's more. I sweat in my armpits, hands, and feet.
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
I have been making an attempt to eat a lot of fiber. My bowel movements have been daily, sometimes 2 or 3 times a day. The stool has been bulky, soft, and mucusy.
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
I do not sleep well at all. I usually sleep on my right side. After fajr, i like to sleep on my left side. I get the best rest by taking cat-naps on the train to work. I have a very hard time falling asleep and lately have the sensation that i havent fallen asleep and was awake the whole time.
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general? No. And i am frequently frustrated.
20. Do you have any strange, peculiar or unusual symptom or feelings? How are you different from others?
I dont understand this question. Sometimes, i feel very unsuccessful or that i am not as successful as i try to be.
Once in a while i get an overwhelming sensation of a bad, negative feeling. It feels like i am being enveloped by a black void. It lasts for less than 10 seconds. I can never predict when it comes. It doesnt come often. Maybe once a year. I used to have this feeling more frequently as a child.
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
I just started Lyocopodium 12x. The bottle said to take 5 tablets under your tongue. That's what i've done. So far, i feel a little better. Bloating is a little less. But it's too early to tell.
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
My mother has IBS. She used to have fibroids, but those were removed by hysterectomy. My grandmother died of a stroke. My grandfather died of a brain tumor.
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance.
I am half brazilian and half palestinian. i live in the midwest of the USA, four seasons. I am 5'4 and weigh about 140lbs. I have a medium frame, large hands, light complexion, brown hair and eyes. I am nearsighted and have astygmatism.
24. If your menstrual cycles are not normal, please describe the irregularities, like pains, moods, flow type, clots etc.
My periods are generally every 30-31 days. They last 10 days with a lot of clotting. The clotting is new and has been happening for the past year. Last year i did two IVFs which failed. I tend to be very weepy the day before my period. I also get very bad food cravings and bloating in the week before my period. These cravings have been less noticeable since the advent of IBS.
jwood on 2007-12-20
I dont think i can cut the sweets out for two months. Do you mean nothing with refined sugar? What about fruits? What about agave nectar?
I dont think i've ever heard of aloe vera juice. Where can you get that from?
jwood last decade
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.