anxiety, secondary depressionPlease see description of symtoms below. I have tried sepia 30c (slight improvementin mood but still have bad anxiety)
all opinions welcome, thank you in advance,
1.Describe your main suffering?
anxiety and as a result depression, extremely introverted and shy (social phobia almost).
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
excess stomach acid, nausea, tightness in throat, tension all over,
low libido (postnatal 8 months), lack of energy.
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
fear I will vomit in public, constant anxiety over social situations, brain constantly working (racing thoughts about past and future), paranoid about what others think of me
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst? Describe the sensation in your own words.
I feel I am a likeable person, but this anxiety is constantly holding me back, I feel like I am a slave to my mind! Before a social outing (or new situation)I am tense all over (neck especially), my throat tightens, I have to swallow a lot. I feel nauseated (but never actually vomit), red faced, and sometimes have shake in my hands. I feel like my eyes are big and fearful looking. My mind races. my breath is shallow. The thing is though, usually I can relax about an hour after arriving and enjoy myself, but still remain tense. I hate being the center of attention.
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
When I was about 14, I started to blush constantly. I would blush so badly I would sweat all over. This happened in class, in canteen, usually indoors. I donít think I ever blushed outdoors. This fear of blushing continued, resulting in anxiety, which then caused depression as ashamed of myself for being silly.
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
After a nap (any time). Afternoon early evening.
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same? Example- time, temperature, pressure, rubbing, washing, eating, tight clothing etc.
Improved: cold fresh air, exercise, place where noone knows me, eg holiday abroad
Worst: hot stuffy rooms, tight clothing (cannot wear anything that restricts my neck- like jewellery or polo necks), eating in public.
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
dislike change of place. Am relaxed and myself at home.
worst before menses. PMT worsens my anxiety. Am quite relaxed during menses
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
I really feel the cold (have cold hands and feet permanently), but then cool fresh air makes me feel better. Dislike hot weather.
I feel good in autumn usually. And worse come January feb.
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
Moody, irritable, lack motivation, suspicious, very easily offended, nervous, want to please everyone at the same time, unpredictable
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
like thunder, but it scares me a little bit
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
no strongly dislike sympathy- makes me cry.
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
extremely sensitive to bad smells, and temperature changes (moving indoors from outdoors)
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
Weeping, talking to one self etc?
I notice my mouth becomes quite tense, like my lips constrict into thin lines instead of being relaxed. I constantly check my appearance.
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
I love my family and friends very much. I can relax with my family (mostly), but hard to relax with friends. I am starting to avoid my friends at the moment. My partner is great, very understanding. I have an 8 month old son who I adore even though its been tough (colic, and reflux, and still wakes every few hours at night).
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
I am getting married next year, and I fear I wonít enjoy it because of my nerves. So now every time I think about it I feel ill.
I also am afraid that I will live my life like this, and miss out on so much because of my nerves.
I fear looking for work, and leaving my son.
I constantly worry about what others think about me. (even though I know there is no point in this)
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
Crave: chocolate, salty chips, coffee (but cannot handle caffeine),
Aversion: very spicy food, chilliís
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
excessive first thing in the morning, and last thing at night
14. How is your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?normal
15. Is there any kind of food which your body canít stand?
very spicy food
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs? normal
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type? daily, regular
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
Takes me at least an hour to go to sleep. I wake up like a zombie and it takes me a few hours to wake up properly.
I sleep on my left side usually.
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general? Before I had my son I had normal libido, now I have none.
20. Do you have any strange, peculiar or unusual symptom or feelings? How are you different from others?
Because of my nerves I suppose I am different. I think about social situations where others wouldnít. I smile a lot (too much) when I am nervous which could be perceived as unusual
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
zispin, lustral, seroxat, prozac, xanax, st johns wort.
zantac and nexium for stomach (hpylori)
taking st Johns wort at present but nothing else
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
bi polar (mother) social phobia (father)
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance.
average height, slim, small waist, small chested, brown hair (greasy), green eyes,28 female
24. If your menstrual cycles are not normal, please describe the irregularities, like pains, moods, flow type, clots etc.
heavy flow for first 2 days, then eases. lot of clots. severe pmt,
25. What major diseases have you had in your life and when. Please write them in a chronological manner.
. pneumonia as a child. Measles as a child. allergy to penicillin.
hyplori infection early 20ís, pcos diagnosed late teens. Depression and anxiety from 14 to present day.
obgibbeth on 2008-04-13
Try the following remedy for a month...
1. Agrimony 2 drops thrice n a day (it is bach flower remedy)
2 . Gelsimum 3x 2 drops thrice in a day
report me after a month...
♥ deoshlok last decadeHello Beth,
Please take 3 doses of Natrum Muriaticum 30C spaced by 2-3 hours just for 1 day.
1 dose = 3 pellets dissolved in the mouth.
No eating/drinking/brushing of teeth for 45 mins before and after each dose.
Report status 1 week after the doses.
sameervermani last decadeHi Sameer,
thank you for your reply.
I took nat mur as you described yesterday, and i feel worse today if thats possible?
can you advise me please?
obgibbeth last decade
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.