Gout and Cervical SpondylosisI am a vegetarian and am a part of a senior management team in a private company. Age 40. I've been leading a rather sedentary life till 3 years ago and have started exercises recently.
I have high uric acid levels in blood (8%) and resultant gout. Gout attacks have been regular though frequency is down last one year. I'm a strict vegetarian. My body is constipating in nature for which I use water intake daily morning to get relief.
I am slightly overweight and I have been having discomfort in the neck recently. Early cervical spondylosis - Neck stiffness when waking up, difficult in turning to extreme positions of the neck and pain in shoulder joints has been there for one month.
I invite suggestions for a medium to long term Homeopathic solution which I can take for my body to overcome Gout, avoid constipation and avoid any further degeneration of the early spondylosis symptoms.
Iyengar_67 on 2008-10-05
GENERAL SYMPTOMS (Related to you in person)
Age: Sex: Built: Occupation:
1. Do you have any strange, rare, peculiar, unusual or personal symptom, feeling or a recurring thought?
2. Write down all your marked mental symptoms taking the guidelines as suggested below:
- Deliriums, Hallucinations, Fancies or Illusions.
- Dominant emotions in your temperament ( depressed, angry, shame, jealous, absent mindedness, fickle mindedness, hurry, agreeable, arguing, moody, suspicion, others.. etc )
- Your fears and recurring dreams.
- Loss in memory if at all (names, words, streets etc.)
- Propensities ( tendency to do/think about a certain act)
3. Your response to changes in environment
- Feel worse in the morning / afternoon / evening / night.
- Feel worse in cold or hot weather / climates.
- Feel worse in stormy or calm weather.
- Feel worse in dry or damp weather.
- Feel worse in motion / touch / jar / any particular position.
- Feel worse in bright light / loud sound / sharp smell etc.
4. What are your cravings and aversions in food?
5. Describe your menstrual affections ( if any )
- symptoms before / during / after
- early / late
- scanty / excessive
6. Write down the diseases running in your family.
7. Write down if you notice any abnormality with your sleep, hunger, thirst and bowel movements.
8. What are the various diseases / surgery which you have overcome from in your life and do you think your present illness is having a relation to the disease or after effects of the drugs taken during the time.
Case Taking Sheet Part - 2
PARTICULAR SYMPTOMS (Related to the parts affected in your body)
9. Do you have any strange, rare, peculiar, unusual or personal symptom, feeling or a recurring pain in the affected parts?
10. Describe your physical sufferings in the specific locations.
11. How does the suffering / pain get aggravated or ameliorated with the changing environment as suggested below:
- Time ( morning, afternoon, evening, night)
- Hot, cold, dry and wet environments.
- Touch, pressure, motion, jar, position, rubbing etc.
12. Do you think there is a specific pattern of occurance of the suffering with regard to time, period or any internal biological changes in the body?
♥ rishimba last decade
Thanks for your interest.
Replies posted against Sl.No of your post.
2.Propensities (tendency to repeatedly think about certain actions - guilt feeling if any mistake is don by me)
4.Generally agreeable/neutral with any food item.
6.Father - Chronic Arthritic
Mother - Diabetic, Blood Pressure
7. Deep sleep with heavy snoring - can sleep in practically any environment and time of day
8. I am suffering from constipation and heamorrhoids and bleeding fissures for ten years now. However bleeding has been infrequent and not very painful. Well managed with water therapy. Constipation is my single largest worry and mornings are happier if I am relieved fast.
part - 2
9. Past three years some pain in the joints and vertebral column, especially when rising from sleep. General body stiffness and difficulty to bend. With recent exercises, this has been reducing. Slightly Swollen big toe due to past attacks of Gout. Serum Uric Acid is between 7 and 10 whenever tests done. Hence worried about future attacks of Kidney stones/Gout/Arthritis
10. Big Toe - Swollen when Gout attack happens. I've been taking Zyluric to control Uric Acid Levels for the past 5 years. Recently tapered the drug and trying alternate medicine - especially Ayurveda and Homoepathy.
11. Attacks of Gout have happened during travel or official tour.
12. I've been having recent neck pain and some ligament tear problems after turning 40 or so I think.
Kindly let me know if any further clarity is needed in above points.
Iyengar_67 last decade
no food or water one hour before or after the dose.
please report if you feel any changes.
if you feel a little changes in the overall symptoms, a follow up dose shall be required.
♥ rishimba last decade
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.