I've had an ongoing problem of severe acne on my back for many years now. I tend to ignore medical problems but I want to get rid of it now. I've visited a dermatologist too but she prescribed MINOZ OD for it. MINOZ OD gets rid of the acne and supresses it for a while but as soon as I stop eating it, it comes back. The problem was only on the back earlier, but now I think it's reached my scalp too. Although, the dermatologist said that the scalp problem was due to bacteria. I get a haircut at a cheap 30 Rs barber. Earlier I used to get oil applied in my hair (Navratan) and not wash it off for a day. The dermatologist said, that's probably what started the bacterial infection and told me to stay AWAY from applying oil. These days I've been using a shampoo almost everyday to keep my hair clean. I've got curly hair. But someone told me that's bad for the hair so I'm going to limit the use and use soap instead.
1) Red ripe postules, painful at touch and bleeding. Often I will find blood on my vest when I wake up in the mornings.
2) Feel like scratching them. They're itchy.
3) Mainly on the upper back. But now moving down to the lower back as well. Tend to get it on the side of my face too (around the sideburns).
4) I don't remember when it first started out but it mustve been around the time I hit puberty. That's a long time back and I have been living with this problem for more than 15 years or so I think.
5) It's worse in humid weather and when I sweat. Monsoons are the worst and towards the early evening and night I tend to itch more. Not much in my sleep though. But usually in the evenings i'm at home and my room is hot and muggy so probably that's why. I don't feel itchy in cold weather. It remains under control in cool weather.
6) Cold weather.
7) Sleep patterns : I don't like sleeping too much but I get about 5-6 hours daily. I am an extremely sound sleeper and once I hit my bed I'm asleep in as soon as 3 minutes (my friends have told me).
8) I am sensitive to humidity and I feel really cold in my hands and feet in winters. I must cover my hands and feet.
9) State of mind : I am anxious most of the time. I don't know what the anxiety is for, but I constantly want to keep doing stuff. There are so many things that I want to do but don't end up doing many , so that bothers me. I keep bouncing from things to things and that's what keeps me anxious.
10)I eat a lot of spicy food, pickles, masalas etc. I dont like bland food. I enjoy fast food and fried food but I try and control it. I'm a non vegetarian and eat meat often. I tend to crave for sweets after meals. I would choose spicy stuff over sweet stuff but when I get a craving for sweets, I'll polish off a whole box of choclates / sweets. ie. The craving,when I get it,is very strong and is too eat VERY SWEET food.
11) No major diseases. I got jaundice once but that was about 6 years back.
12) Reactions to other medicines - None that I know of. Minoz OD as mentioned above, helps surpress both the scalp problem and the back acne but it comes back.
- Use ACNELAK soap which provides some relief. The acne on my face went away after regular use of acnelak.
- Used CONADERM shampoo when I had dandruff, that seemed to be the only thing that worked.
13) CURRENT MEDICATION:
- My father and grandfather practice homeopathy as a hobby and have been doing so for many years. They suggested I eat Graphitis 30X for this, which is what I've been eating for 3 days now but there's no difference. I was reasearching and found that Graphitis is not a remedy for ACNE vulgaris, so not really sure why they were trying that out.
- I use a soap called 'ACNELAK' regularly which seems to give some relief.
14) Thirst - I drink A LOT of water and as a result visit the loo a lot of times.
SCALP BACTERIA DETAILS:
1) Bad odour from hair.
2) Dry flaky skin.
3) Tendency to get dandruff.
4) Very itchy - I cant control myself and end up scratching the pimples.
5) After scratching, I can see slight blood on my fingers.
6) Postules tend to appear near the hairline ie. End of sideburns, and back of the hair (at the bottom). Not many postules in the middle of the scalp, although my scalp is still flaky and I have a habit of scratching my head and picking out the flakes.
7) Past medication - I was told to apply 'T-BACT' ointment to certain parts of my body which were prone to bacterial growth for 3 months, but I couldn't do it regularly. But when I did, I noticed that I have a tendency to rub my fingers through the back of my ears quite often and then they go into my hair.
MINOZ-OD 50Mg(The same that was used for acne) - Helps get rid of this problem and after eating it for a week, the scalp problem comes under control. But reoccurs like the acne.
I am 6.1feet in height, fair and broad built, since birth I have a node on neck,not sure if it's a lymph node or not, On my hands I tend to get itchy when in water for long and the skin starts peeling off.
I am a comptuer professional so most of the time im in front of the screen. I sleep at around midnight and wake up at 6:30am. Don't exercise much but I try and walk as much as I can and take the stairs to my office.
I eat everything and like having all my meals properly. I eat fast and tend to swallow my food without actually biting into it much. I am a foodie by nature and love eating out. Spicy food is my weakness. As discussed earlier Im not particularly fond of sweets but often I get a craving to eat them after meals. I don't drink alcohal often (once or twice a month, ie. 1 beer), I don't have aerated drinks, I don't smoke.
Phew!! That was long. Hope this helps. I am going to stop eating Graphitis now, because after research Sulphur seems more apt for my condition. In any event, I will wait to take any medication till I get some advice here.
qwaszx on 2010-08-17
I am a 27 year old male living in delhi.
A few more things about my lifestyle:
I'm most active during the day especially mornings and as the day turns into the night my energy levels keep depleting and I find it hard to concentrate at night.
qwaszx last decade
A little flab around the stomach but my fat distribution is normal and I don't have excessive fat.
qwaszx last decade
Dr. Rakesh Km Lko last decade
1-2 drops in one glass of water and has to drink only one sip of it daily in the morning empty stomach.
You should take it for 15 days and when you notice any change in your health bad or good, you have to stop it and report me.
Lastly, daily 40+ minute exercise for six months can help you greatly. I am quite sure about this.
Dr. Rakesh Km Lko last decade
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.