mental disorderFemale aged 58 is having mental disorder.Originally the diagnosis was puerperal psychosis and subsequently changed as schizophrenia.
The details are given below in the questionnaire.
Please answer the following questions in a descriptive manner after careful analysis and recollection of previous experiences and happenings.
1. Describe your main suffering?
Suspicion, Depression, lethargy. Gets panicky very easily. No interest in any household chores. No confidence. Expects Constant Attention. Unwilling to brush, bathe on her own. Demands guidance and help to carry out basic tasks. Refuses to walk or move. Prefers to lie down all the time.
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
Pain in knees after she had a fall in the bathroom about 3 months ago
BP: Takes regular BP Tablets.
Asthma: Had asthma earlier.
Generally no other complaints.
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
Patient not able to express.
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst?
Patient not able to express. But the patient starts moaning without any reason or throws tantrums to get something done or given. Behave like a child.
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
a) Ailment started after child birth. 1st child daughter DOB 02-03-76. Second child son. DOB: 24-08-81. The disease Identified as schizophrenia started at the beginning of 1982. Erratic behaviour, Refusal to attend to children or personal needs. Had to be coaxed for doing anything like bathing, eating etc. used to become normal after 2-3 months of treatment and would be doing normal household chores. These sorts of attacks kept recurring in 1-2 years time and used to last 2-3 months. This happened till 1998. From 1998-2002 she was normal except for short spells which lasted a few days. This was when a lot of good friends were close by.
b) 2002-2009 No attacks. Very normal during this period. Used to stay alone in the house for days together with husband away on tour without any fear.
c) During the entire period starting from 1982 till date on regular psychiatric medication.( Refer to answer 21)
d) The relapse occurred on 24-07-09. The patient was ready to go out with her husband to a farewell party when she received the news of her daughter and son in law (both software engineers at pune) were to be relocated to japan. This triggered the relapse and she stopped respondign. The patient went into depression despite continued medication. In April 1st week the patient shifted place of residence. However no perceivable change in her condition.
e) Eating habits. Eats Normally. Has no craving for any particular food. However she gulps down the food without chewing, drinking lot of water to push down the food.
f) Her elder brother passed away in Sep 2009. This also may have contributed to the worsening of the patients present condition.
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
No Particular time. Sometimes gets very restless before bedtime. During the middle of the night. When she suddenly wakes up in the middle of the night, Sometimes while waking up in the morning, No regular pattern.
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same?
Appears to be agitated when she is told to do a task or walk simply for exercise sake. Music seems to soothe her. Takes interest in Sanskrit Slokas, Bhajagovindam etc. which are being repeatedly played for her.
8. Do you think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
Weather does not seem to bother the patient.
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
Agreeable, Very Suspicious, Quiet, Lazy, Very impatient, simply not interested in anything, generally withdrawn. Spends most of the time in bed except at meal times.
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc.?
Yes. Sometimes reacts to bad smell.
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
weeping, talking to one self-etc.?
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
Loves children too much. Does not want them to get hurt in anyway. Expects husband to be present all the time by her side including being pulled out from bed.
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
Fear of work, routine or otherwise. Fear of death. No confidence to do simple household chores, like boiling water for tea, setting table, filling up water etc. Fear of staying alone.
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
Likes sweets very much. However not allowed to eat regularly. No aversions.
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
14. How is your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand?
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
Suffers from acute constipation. Doesnt pass stool for 1-2 days.
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
Sleeps quite a lot sometimes. Sometimes suffers from sleeplessness. Sleeps constantly to the right side without changing her posture.
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general? (need not answer) NA
20. What peculiar or strange sensation do you have in any part of your body at times? Do you sometimes feel as if .. in some part of the body?
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
Pimozide for the last ten years.
2009 Oct onwards the following medicines were tried
Risdone along with sulpitac and citalopram followed by
Palip followed by
Palip and quiteipin
In march she was reverted to Pimozide along with quiteipin.
In June Pimozide was stopped and she was on injectable Risperdal consta 25 ml (Once in two weeks) along with quiteipin. Last injection was given on 13-08-10
From 30-08-10 she has been switched to clozapine along with a tapering doze of quiteipin.
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
Both Parents and elder brother suffered from Diabetes
Aunt suffered from similar psychiatric problem
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance
Weight: Slightly on the heavier side. 74Kgs.
Complexion : Wheatish
I request a remedy may pl be suggested.
Divinegrace on 2010-09-02
Please give her 5 doses of Arnica Mont 30c at a gap of 12 hour.
1 dose means:
Insert 2 drop of the remedy into 15 ml distilled water. Thoroughly stirred it and sip up slowly.
Please do not give her any more remedy or herbs on the next 15 days. Please do not repeat it on the next 15 days.
1. Do not give her anything for eat or drink 1 hour before or after the scheduled time of remedy administration.
2. Do not give her coffe as a drink.
3. Avoide spicy or too much oily food, garlic, onion.
4. Do not use cream or ointment for external use.
5. Avoide strong perfume.
Please report back after 15 days.
Info.rahiq last decade
The problem started after child birth and not after accident.Kindly clarify whether the same treatment holds good.
Divinegrace last decade
In order to cure a chronic disease few rule must be followed:
> In any complicated chronic case, the recent symptoms are the deciding ones. Follow with related remedy if any. That means; the last existing symptoms must be cured at first or find a remedy for the last symptom to open the case. If we can cure it; the next existing symptoms will guide us, what to do or not throughout the healing process.
> Cure your patient in layers, the last layer first. If the general state be ameliorated, whatever the state of local symptoms, await the action of the remedy. When the remedy finished its work, recollect the total symptoms and compare with her constitution. If matches than start her constitutional treatment.
> I already said that her constitutional remedy is Natrum Muriaticum followed by Sepia. But the last existing symptom is Knee pain. You said, Pain in knees after she had a fall in the bathroom about 3 months ago. So, this is clear that her last existing symptom is Knee pain. So, I suggest Arnica Montana to open the case.
> I have no confusion that her problem started after child birth. This is the first existing symptoms. I strongly believe that if we can treat her with proper rule and direction may be all of her mental disorders can be cured.
If you have any more confusion please ask. I will answer it if I can.
Info.rahiq last decade
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.