Living with Interstitial CystitisHello I am a forty year old female living with IC for the last seven+ years in the course of treatment I have taken Elmiron and Vesicare but have stopped taking both, they no longer seem to be helping at all. Would love all help and direction into beating this disease.
WW1970 on 2010-09-15
and post all the questions here duly answered. On that basis your remedy may be worked out.
♡ kadwa last decade
Please answer the following questions in a descriptive manner after careful analysis and recollection of previous experiences and happenings.
1. Describe your main suffering? urge to urinate all the time, very painful in bladder when I wait to urinate. When I do go it is always a little, but pressure is as if bladder is very full.
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body? maybe some arthritis in ankles, and knees I am very health other than bladder problems.
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings? Upset that I must always know where the bathrooms are wish I could go to movies and not have to get up in the middle to use the bathroom. I would like to sleep all night without needing to use bathroom.
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst?
Pain and pressure in bladder area, needing to urinate badly.
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?I was sleeping one morning and felt a kind of 'pop' in bladder area, have had trouble ever since then, I would say that was 8 years ago, don't remember date.
6. Which time of the day you are worst? It really doesn't matter time of day, sometimes it can bother me all day then some days it bothers me a lot less, when that happens I feel like it's going away, but it always returns.
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same? Onions, caffeine,lemonade, jumping up and down,jogging, lifting heavy objects and menstrual cycle seem to aggravate it. Laying down, urinating, and warm seem to help.
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?It does get worst days before menstrual cycle. I developed this condition after my first child was born, suffered with it until I had my second child, after the birth of second child it seem to get better for about 1-1 1/2 years.
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
hot weather, I'm not sure about humid or dry, whole body wise I guess it would be dry.
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc. Agreeable changeable, very laid back. I am very tired, I almost need a nap everyday.
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm? I am not afraid of them, like them during the daytime,if they come at night I will stay awake until they pass.
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?to some degree, but for the most part I can handled problems on my own.
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?I am sensitive to light and noise.
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
weeping, talking to one self etc?I do bite my nails.
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?I love my family I miss them when they are gone, I am happy when they are happy, would do anything for them. I love my husband I am happy to be with him, I only wish he could be more supportive sometimes.
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly? I have no real fears, dislike snakes, but do not fear them. I do not dream of anything repeatedly.
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions? I am craving sweet very badly, and salty things, like chips and peanuts,almonds.
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?normal
14. How if your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?excessive days when I do not have breakfast, not so much if I eat breakfast.
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand?
I can not eat greasy foods, I had my Gall Bladder removed.
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?normal, I believe when I sweat it's mostly in the trunk area.
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type? I believe I have two to three daily, soft but formed.
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?It takes a while for me to fall asleep, I seem to sleep deeper on my stomach.
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general?yes
20. How do you think you are different from others, if at all?I am not different, I am comfortable with myself.
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?Elmiron and Vesicare, the Elmiron caused my hair to fall out, since I stopped taking it, the rate has slowed, but more than normal is still falling out. The Vesicare caused my vision to be blurry so I would take it at bedtime, now that I have stopped it as improved but it is still blurry some.
22. What major diseases are running in your family?High blood pressure,diabetes,cancer. I however have low blood pressure and my sugar is good.
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance I like the way I am except I would like to lose around twenty pounds, would like to especially lose some around abdomen.
24. (ONLY FOR FEMALES)
If you are not having normal menstrual cycles, please answer the following questions:I have normal cycles. I do have bad headaches a couple of days before.
- Are the periods early, regular or late in general? How long do they last?
- Do you suffer from any kind of physical or mental discomfort before, during or after the periods?
- Is the flow scanty, normal or excessive?
- Is the blood thick bright red or pale watery?
- Do you notice any clots in the flow?
WW1970 last decade
One dose means
If the medicine is in pills form 4 pills. Don't touch pills with hand. Use cap of bottle to take pills.
If the medicine is in liquid dilution form, 3-4 drops in some 20 ml water. Sip up slowly.
Please follow homeo restrictions like no coffee, no raw onion/garlic, no strong perfumes, don't eat or drink anything within 30 minutes before or after taking medicine.
♡ kadwa last decade
WW1970 last decade
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.