I am new to the forum, looking for some educated answers on PTSD and Postpartum related issues. Thank you.Gender: Female
Weight: 130 lbs
General appearance: healthy, average built
Have you used homeopathic medicines before? If so what, and what homeopathic potencies did you use? Arnica
Please answer the following questions in a descriptive manner after careful analysis and recollection of previous experiences and happenings.
1. Describe your main suffering? 4.5 months postpartum with little or no sex drive, prior to pregnancy diagnosed with PTSD and would like to get off of anti-depressant and onto a homeopathic remedy.
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body? Left breast is double the size of right breast and I think it produces more milk as well.
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings? I feel lop-sided, especially in tight clothing. I do not feel as attractive to my husband as I did prior to pregnancy.
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst? Describe the sensation in your own words. With the PTSD I get a lot of anxiety, especially related to my husbands past relationships. He has never cheated or given me reason to feel insecure though. I feel short tempered, quick to react, and often have headaches when Im in a stressful setting. I generally do not get along with other women and tend to have more male friends and do more male activities (outdoor interests).
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease? Was in an abusive relationship for almost three years. I felt very guilty and alone about the experiences.
6. Which time of the day you are worst? Late afternoon or when I am over tired.
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same? Example- time, temperature, pressure, rubbing, washing, eating, tight clothing etc. When drinking alcohol I become more sensitive and overly emotional to normal everyday things.
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)? Body, I guess, I am not sure - maybe both?
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather? Cool weather, I love the 65-70 degree days. Humidity doesnt matter, I suppose more even - not too humid, not too dry.
Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
Can be moody, changeable, very giving, driven - type A personality, like to be alone at times, work better independently than in a group setting, easily offended.
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm? Good, I love watching thunderstorms and feeling the air change in temperature and electricity.
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times? Sometimes and it depends on with who.
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc? Yes, if I have a headache. I especially liked aromatherapy during my pregnancy.
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
Weeping, talking to one self etc? biting the skin around my nails, especially when I am upset or nervous.
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife? Love them all. I am not overly gregarious, and I prefer to have a very close, tight knit group of friends.
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly? Fears would be of losing my husband or child. I have vivid dreams, often, but there is not really a repetitive theme in them. I usually dream about different animals.
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions? During pregnancy I did not want to be any where near red meat, otherwise I love it, especially game meats like bison and other venisons. Chocolate, heavy red wines like old vine zinfandel.
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive? Normal. During pregnancy I had an unquenchable thirst and would drink up to 4 liters of water a day.
14. How is your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive? Normal, I like fruits and vegetables with a lot of juice - cucumbers, berries, melon. And I love dairy products.
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand? Heavy greasy things.
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs? Normal, trunk.
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type? One good poo a day, usually in the morning. Medium-soft, usually.
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping? I sleep well, currently breastfeeding, so it is a bit different now. I sleep mostly on my side with my top leg upwards, usually almost to my chest.
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general? No, of late, Ive not had any feelings of sexual desire.
20. Do you have any strange, peculiar or unusual symptom or feelings? How are you different from others?
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication? PTSD treatment is Zoloft.
22. What major diseases are running in your family? No.
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance.
(For Females) Petit to average in height, nice hip shape, beautiful calves, thick thighs, okay arm muscle tone, flat stomach, lop-sided boobs, long brown hair - straight and fine, clear complexion and a bit on the dry side, brown eyes.
24. If your menstrual cycles are not normal, please describe the irregularities, like pains, moods, flow type, clots etc. Normal menstrual cycle, I have not yet had my period postpartum.
25. What major diseases have you had in your life and when. Please write them in a chronological manner. PSTD, diagnosed about 3 years ago, and Ive had it for about seven years now.
hawksouth on 2012-02-29
does not look like anyone is
responding- probably bc this
You need to see an experienced
homeopath in person or work
with one via skype or phone.
If you post where you are I can
see what I come up with as far
as people for you-You can also
call Dr. Judyth Reichtenberg Ullman
who is a well know homeopath
in the state of Washington,
she does phone consults and
perhaps also recommendations
♡ simone717 8 years ago
looked up your area and at least
one person I think would be a match
for you.Austin clinic of Homeopathy
noel peterson 5123825060
he does only homeopathy ,went to
a 4 year school,has good testimonials
on cured difficult problems and
specializes among other things
in emotional and physical trauma.
( your issue) he is also a father to be
and would be honed in on post partum
issues. My thoughts are this person
would be good to check out- even if
you have to drive a bit bc once
you get prescription you usually
do not go back for a month and you
check in by phone when things
♡ simone717 8 years ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.