ptsdFrom 2007-2009 I was threatened with excommunication from my church. Leaders used a lot of psychological pressure to force me to their will. The excommunication was threatened because of a romantic relationship they did not approve of.
I escaped from the bad situation in 2010 but it has been five years and I am still suffering some PTSD type symptoms.
- Sexually no feeling - mind is interested but body does not respond very much (formerly very sexually active)
- No body responses to sexual thoughts.
- Feel fearful during sex since the trauma.
- Gained 30 pounds of weight
- Want to eat constantly
- Emotional eating
- No motivation to exercise or take care of self
- Not sleeping well
- Very addicted to sugar, sodas, caffeine, sweets, chocolates, peanut or almond butter, dairy and heavy foods
- Sleep pattern changed (was naturally a night owl for 30 years, now do not have any pattern)
- Memories of relationships have faded sharply, I do not get pleasure from my good memories
- Any symbols (pictures, images, memories, songs or verses) of the church bring up feelings of terror
- Panic attacks can be triggered by anyone who appears to be yelling, or angry
- When in a car if someone drives aggressively I sense the aggression and this can be a trigger
- Not feeling joys, thrills, arousal, high positive emotions since then
- Not as patient and kind with people; irritable; need lots of space
- Not as contemplative and thoughtful
- Depression comes and goes. Goes away easily when I am with loving friends, then returns.
- Feel lost, do not always feel like myself.
- Lost confidence.
- It is hard to be intimate with people
There are also symptoms which are probably not from the trauma, so I am including those just to help you get the general picture.
- Hair loss accelerated drastically
- Numbness/palsy in right upper lip (comes and goes)
- Gum recession
- Scoliosis, bent forward somewhat
- Poor muscle development
- Previous heart arrhythmia problems
- Occasional night sweats
- Always adjusting the temperature of the room to stay comfortable
- Prefer warmer room even if sweating
- Hemorrhoids external, not itching, many years
- Pain in left foot, arises suddenly, sharp or numb feeling in sole of foot
- Pain in gum above right incisor, above incisor, sharp, gnawing
- Swelling on front of body between the belly button and the groin with red itchy rash
- Prone to red itchy rash on legs, may be fungus (many years)
- Frequent sinus congestion
- Low quantity of ejaculate
- Enlarged tonsils (chronic since childhood)
- Seasonal allergies
- Prone to anxiety and worrying
Neutral but maybe can help you -
- Strong bones
- Have been able to continue university study throughout this whole time with high grades
- Independent and persistent
- Small to medium stature
- Generally very good health almost all of life
- 33 year old male
- Never used to gain weight, used to have great metabolism, could eat anything with no weight gain
[message edited by Austin2011 on Tue, 16 Jun 2015 00:48:43 UTC]
[message edited by Austin2011 on Tue, 16 Jun 2015 00:51:30 UTC]
Austin2011 on 2015-06-16
Click my name and
see my profile. Depending on your circumstances, I may
be able to direct you to a forum homeopath that will
do assessment for free(privately) or homeopaths that have success
in this area.
This is a worldwide public forum
and anyone can comment on a thread at any time.
No one has to be a trained homeopath to try to
treat you, anyone can offer advice.
This is a forum not a clinic so there are
no regulations and you open yourself up to any
type of advice, from religious to medical.
[message edited by simone717 on Wed, 17 Jun 2015 20:47:08 UTC]
♡ simone717 5 years ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.