2 types of Cold remedy - ConfusedMy 3 and half year son suffers from frequent colds and coughs. If cold persists more tahn 3 days he develops wheezing which goes away after few dodes of nebulizers but sometimes we had to give oral steroid too. To prevent that and to make him strong, not catch frequent colds, not get wheezing we consulted 2 homeopathy Drs. One tried Pulsatilla but it didn't work and now he wants to give him Carcinosin.
The othe Dr says to give Calc carb 1M/only one dose, followed with
Belladonna 1M 4pills daily morning
Ars alb 200 4pills daily afternoon
Hepa sulf 200 4pills daily evening
Nux vom 200 4pills daily night
Bryonia 200 and Ipecac 200 when wheezing occurs.
I am not sure which treatment to follow. They both say no side effects but we are worried to give so many medicines to our son. Can you please advise what should we do.
sonals on 2006-11-15
the article on pseudo homeopathy
theory of suppression
and the series
Why to follow guidelines.
You will be better informed about proper homeopathy.
♡ gavinimurthy last decade
before you give carcinosin, let me carry out a case study of your son.
i will advise you if you really need to go for carcinosin.
Case Taking Sheet Part 1
GENERAL SYMPTOMS (Related to you in person)
Age: Sex: Built: Occupation:
1. Do you have any strange, rare, peculiar, unusual or personal symptom, feeling or a recurring thought?
2. Write down all your marked mental symptoms taking the guidelines as suggested below:
- Deliriums, Hallucinations, Fancies or Illusions.
- Dominant emotions in your temperament ( depressed, angry, shame, jealous, absent mindedness, fickle mindedness, hurry, agreeable, arguing, moody, suspicion, others.. etc )
- Your fears and recurring dreams.
- Loss in memory if at all (names, words, streets etc.)
- Propensities ( tendency to do/think about a certain act)
3. Your response to changes in environment
- Feel worse in the morning / afternoon / evening / night.
- Feel worse in cold or hot weather / climates.
- Feel worse in stormy or calm weather.
- Feel worse in dry or damp weather.
- Feel worse in motion / touch / jar / any particular position.
- Feel worse in bright light / loud sound / sharp smell etc.
4. What are your cravings and aversions in food?
5. Describe your menstrual affections ( if any )
- symptoms before / during / after
- early / late
- scanty / excessive
6. Write down the diseases running in your family.
7. Write down if you notice any abnormality with your sleep, hunger, thirst and bowel movements.
8. What are the various diseases / surgery which you have overcome from in your life and do you think your present illness is having a relation to the disease or after effects of the drugs taken during the time.
Case Taking Sheet Part - 2
PARTICULAR SYMPTOMS (Related to the parts affected in your body)
9. Do you have any strange, rare, peculiar, unusual or personal symptom, feeling or a recurring pain in the affected parts?
10. Describe your physical sufferings in the specific locations.
11. How does the suffering / pain get aggravated or ameliorated with the changing environment as suggested below:
- Time ( morning, afternoon, evening, night)
- Hot, cold, dry and wet environments.
- Touch, pressure, motion, jar, position, rubbing etc.
12. Do you think there is a specific pattern of occurance of the suffering with regard to time, period or any internal biological changes in the body?
♡ rishimba last decade
We prescribe one remedy at a time, given on only very specific indications. We do not apply one for this symptom, another for another etc etc. This is allopathy, not Homoeopathy.
I would stick with the Homoeopath who is prescribing only one remedy at a time, as he at least appears to actually understand the subject.
Good luck with your son.
Hahnemania last decade
I did not understand Hahnemania's last response. What is zzz..
sonals last decade
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.