OCD biting lipsI am 33 yr old female. I continously bite right side of my lower lip for years. Now skin of my lip became hard. Each time it is hard, I can not resist biting it again. I easily worry about things small, and big. But I don't bite my lips when I am anxious or worried only, I bite when I am happy too. Just the feeling of the skin makes me begin biting again. I have to remove that skin and make it smooth. But of course it is an endless cycle. I bite and pull the skin with my teeth, then skin tries to heal and renew itself, as it becomes hard in healing I bite and pull the kin again. No chance to heal. I am fed up with this habit. It looks so ugly. But I can not stop it. After readin many book I decided that it is just obsessive compulsive action happening regardless of however I feel. please suggest a homeopathic remedy. I appreciate any help.
okezin on 2007-04-02
Please answer the following questions in a descriptive manner after careful analysis and recollection of previous experiences and happenings.
Nature of work: Habits:
1. Describe your main suffering?
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst? Describe the sensation in your own words.
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same? Example- time, temperature, pressure, rubbing, washing, eating, tight clothing etc.
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
Weeping, talking to one self etc?
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
14. How if your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand?
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general?
20. Do you have any strange, peculiar or unusual symptom or feelings? How are you different from others?
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance.
24. If your menstrual cycles are not normal, please describe the irregularities, like pains, moods, flow type, clots etc.
25. Have you had another illnesses in you life? What and when (from past to present)
andres last decade
Thank you for your reply. My info is below:
33 yr old
Stay-at-home mom (of a 15 month old son) with engineering and psychology degree
1.I bite my lower lip and remove the skin of my lower lip by pulling it with my teeth . It has been a habit since I was 7-8 yrs old. It doesn't matter if I am happy or anxious or said or occupied or etc. If there is a skin that is hardened and trying to heal, I have to remove it. I can not resist it and if anybody says 'stop' I get so irritable. I feel like I have to smooth it by removing the hardened skin. Then it becomes an endless cycle because I do not give the skin chance to heal.Everyday a new skin comes I bite and remove it.Then it trie to renew itself then I bite and remove it again.
2.I have cravings for sugar and sweet food, bread, salty food, sour food. Craving for sweets is the dominant one. I am taking Argenticum nit. 12c whenever I feel the cravings. I am quite overweight, although not sedentary(I walk everyday for 1 hr).
Another thing is I get the feelings of insects crawling on my skin. It bothers me a lot. Sometimes I am so sure that there is a bug/insect, but I find out that there is none.
3.I easily get overwhelmed with the things to do. I am perfectionist and overly critical of both myself and others. Especially merciless with myself. I analyse a lot. I am serious and it takes time for me to feel comfortable with people whom I newly meet. But when I feel comfortable I like to make jokes a lot. Still I am not a talkative person. I easily get angry with my 15 month old son, and later I get so regretful. Sometimes I am lost in details and can not se the big picture. Very concerned about what people think. Overly sensitive (emotionally). Easily cry.
4.When I am at my worst, I feel lost in my habit of biting and removing the skin. Life around me stops and only me and my lips, which I struggle to bite and remove the skin, live. If anything or anybody interrupts it I become violent in my words and a fire begins in my mind because of being interrupted. Then regret comes afterwards with its so much weight. I feel disgusted with myself because of inability to stop it.
5.It started when I was in primary school. I don't remember the exact grade. I did not grow up in a happy family. father and mother were not good match, there was a tension always. I do not remember any perticular event though.
6.Anytime I do it, however cravings for sugar comes in the afternoon with its all power. Later after dinner I struggle with it again. meanwhile I bite and remove my lip skin if my tongue feels any hardened part on it, anytime.
7.Sometimes I totally forget about it,but unfortunately there is no pattern to it. I must be really really ocuupied, I mean it must be something really really interesting, which is rare. I check my lips using my tongue and if my tongue feels any irregularity on the skin of my lower lips, here I go again. Endless cycle begins right there. I can not give you any specific time, temp, or anything else. Only thing is the feeling of irregularity that I feel using my tongue, and it is just random. I think intensity of any emotion may trigger it sometimes but even in a plain day I bite my lip and try to remove the skin (so as to smooth the irregularity).
8.I don't think any external stimuli have a relation to it.
9.I feel better in cold, dry weather.
10.Moody, not arrogant at all, introvert, changeable, irritable, suspicious, mind-reading (I do it a lot, too much sometimes), continously analyzing, artful (I mean I easily can recognize beauties around me, and very sensitive to it), shy to argue with foreigners in times of dispute but easily arguing with loved ones
-before or during a thunderstorm I feel anxious, scared
-i like being consoled during tough times
-very sensitive to smell, noise andlight, especially to smell
-I talk to myself a lot. When I try to stop myself from biting my lips I bite my nails, i do cry sometimes causelessly, just because I feel like crying but it doesn't last long. I like to hurt inner side (the side facing the ring finger)of the nail of my pinky finger and the skin on the bony part of my wrist and ankle. I press my nail on the skin in these bony areas. I don't do these things regularly as a habit.
-I do have very few friends with limited closeness. USA is not my home country so I accept is as normal but of course I feel alone many times. I miss my family who is in my home country but it is not unbearable because we phone each other ann see each other through the net quite often. I love my son and husband so much however I easily get angry with both and break their hearts easily. Then I become soo regretful and cry and mercilessly criticize myself. I often get feelings of doubt about my husband's love towards me, then an event occurs and I feel that he loves me. I ask for assurance and approval so often.
11. I fear losing my son and husband and mom and brother. I get repeated imaginations about losing my husband in a car accident or electric hazard. The same goes with my son in different scenarios. May heart aches so much sometimes because of these intrusive imaginations.
12.I love sweets and salty and sour food, especially swet and sour. No aversion.
13.less thirst, I go without water for hrs sometimes
14.excessive hunger, I eat my meal then I wanna eat a carbohaydrate or fruit or sweet right after the meal. meanwhile my blood sugar is in the good range, I do not have any problem with diabetes
16.normal sweat. head and trunk.
17.sometimes but not always constipation. I feel that I have to defecate, I go to restroom, then only a small amount comes, or not at all. unfinished feeling. stool is not hard. normal color.
18. I sleep fine. I have to turn to my side, any side.
20.insects crawling on my skin. i see bugs moving, not many, just one black. I feel like someone watches me and reports my every move and action. it was worse when I was younger, now it is quite less. I am so busy with thinking about what other may think about my actions, sometimes I feel like I am being drawned in these thoughts, so overwhelmed. I catch myself acting in a particular way just to look normal or earn sympathy or love.
21.I took 12c nux vomica for anger, now I am taking 12c argentum nit. for craving for sweets. no symptoms.
22. my granfather has diabetes. that's all.
23. white to wheat color skin, dark brown hair, overweight, normal height. big dark brown eyes, small nose. big ears. birthmark on the left eyelid which were operated several times. big hips, big belly, serious look on face.
25.kidneys had problem when I was a baby. Mom told me this and I don't know any more details. She says that my kidneys were inflammated.
Docs took care of it.
okezin last decade
Repertorizing your symptoms, I've found PHOSPHORUS as a close remedy.
Please, try PHOSPHORUS 200c, three pellets under tongue. Only ONE dosis. Watch and wait.
Stop Argentum Nitricum.
Report after one week.
andres last decade
Please, use calendula homeopathic cream for your lip. This cream protects and regenerates the skin.
andres last decade
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.